Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ekimap
Fanfold Paper
Views: 851
Message 381 of 410

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

I tried this fix, it didn't work, just got worse and worse till it only worked when plugged in. Mine was over warranty. I changed battery and it was still draining quicker than it should. It also started not recognizing the sim card.  Then the Battery started not charging after 2 weeks. This is what worked for me finally. Removing the commserver according to the instructions in this link. 

https://www.techeligible.com/2017/11/13/remove-comserver-cqatest-bugs/

JPMotoZ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 672
Message 382 of 410

Started having the battery drain problem about a year after purchasing 2 Moto Z phones and 3 mods.

Researching the battery drain issue (observed after installing upgrade) I discovered this was a known issue at the time we purchased the phones a year earlier (so maybe it was or wasn't the upgrade?)

Really annoyed that we bought phones on installment plan & are still paying our Carrier for a phone that requires using Anker Power Bank or wall connection at all times-- rendering it, basically s landline.

I'd like Motorola to repair both- it's one started failing 6 no's ago & the other survived with a Mophie for 4 most longer but fails the same now 

We may change carriers, buy a Samsung & turn the 2 Moto Z's & the 3 mods over to the Dept of Consumer Affairs. It was a known issue when we bought it.No upgrade includes fix. We're out if pocket & mods will be useless. We're obviously "out if warranty" No local repair shops will touch anything that's not an IPhone.

So....will let you know how it turns out.

tapasds
Punch Card
Views: 639
Message 383 of 410

Try nap time. I am using it for over a month now. i am happy and don't carry my battery mod All the time. you can use battery mod and select aggressive doze while charging. Just try it.

snowangel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 615
Message 384 of 410

Motorola will do nothing. Everyone has this problem when just out of warrenty which is suspicious. Just cut your losses and buy a new phone. The phone should have been recalled years ago - Beware the admins here will mark their posts saying reset or reboot your phone as solutions. It is not a solutionin my experience, or in the experience of nearly all those posting here - you're not doing it wrong. 

Cheers

@JPMotoZ wrote:

Started having the battery drain problem about a year after purchasing 2 Moto Z phones and 3 mods.

Researching the battery drain issue (observed after installing upgrade) I discovered this was a known issue at the time we purchased the phones a year earlier (so maybe it was or wasn't the upgrade?)

Really annoyed that we bought phones on installment plan & are still paying our Carrier for a phone that requires using Anker Power Bank or wall connection at all times-- rendering it, basically s landline.

I'd like Motorola to repair both- it's one started failing 6 no's ago & the other survived with a Mophie for 4 most longer but fails the same now 

We may change carriers, buy a Samsung & turn the 2 Moto Z's & the 3 mods over to the Dept of Consumer Affairs. It was a known issue when we bought it.No upgrade includes fix. We're out if pocket & mods will be useless. We're obviously "out if warranty" No local repair shops will touch anything that's not an IPhone.

So....will let you know how it turns out.

snowangel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 615
Message 385 of 410

Have a backup. Mine just stopped turning on shortly after the battery problems. Phone was just dead, not meaning the battery was dead - the phone died, just stopped 

@Ekimap wrote:

I tried this fix, it didn't work, just got worse and worse till it only worked when plugged in. Mine was over warranty. I changed battery and it was still draining quicker than it should. It also started not recognizing the sim card.  Then the Battery started not charging after 2 weeks. This is what worked for me finally. Removing the commserver according to the instructions in this link. 

@Ekimap 
Ekimap
Fanfold Paper
Views: 578
Message 386 of 410

Ekimap
Fanfold Paper
Views: 577
Message 387 of 410

@Ekimap wrote:

Well it worked briefly. Then the new battery bloated and popped my screen off after a month!! ???

New battery after 3 days I let it die till it turned off. It wouldn't charge so had to start it again using this weird method in link, where you get into the load up settings, restart bootloader, then it will recognize my sim card and charge. Smiley Sad Hope this 3rd battery will be ok!!

JPMotoZ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 543
Message 388 of 410

TY I read your link abt comserver

More than I want to do in my own & it seems you had disappointing resultsready to leave our Carrier Verizon & Motorola over this

JPMotoZ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 533
Message 389 of 410

How did you contact repairs center?

Was your phone in warranty?

JamMasterD
What's DOS?
Views: 482
Message 390 of 410

Verizon sent me a Replacement phone but this should have been done thru Motorola , I am pretty sure it was a software issue