Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BalaGovindan
What's DOS?
Views: 1,790
Message 31 of 410

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

Extremely unusable Moto Z. Costed a ton and still no support from Lenovo. Time to ditch Moto and Lenovo, for their irresponsible QA work with 7.1.1 and also no fix yet. My phone needs charging every 30 mins and also factory reset (hard, soft) both didn't help. This is definitely a problem after the 7.1.1. So painful that your primary phone is unusable and completely helpless.

Lenovo is going to loose a lot of customers because of not working on a fix for this and helping their customers.

NightcoreRaven
HDMI
Views: 1,967
Message 32 of 410

@BalaGovindan wrote:

Extremely unusable Moto Z. Costed a ton and still no support from Lenovo. Time to ditch Moto and Lenovo, for their irresponsible QA work with 7.1.1 and also no fix yet. My phone needs charging every 30 mins and also factory reset (hard, soft) both didn't help. This is definitely a problem after the 7.1.1. So painful that your primary phone is unusable and completely helpless.

Lenovo is going to loose a lot of customers because of not working on a fix for this and helping their customers.

What's QA?

ciaoMoto
Core Memory
Views: 1,965
Message 33 of 410

Quality assurance.
Xtina81
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,004
Message 34 of 410

Battery drops from 80% to 5%

I have a Moto Z droid that is 11 months old. I fully charged my phone and it was at about 80% when i opened chrome and googled something. My phone just froze so i waited a minute and pressed the power button for a while to restart the phone. When it came on the battery was at 5%. See attached photo that shows the rapid battery drain. 

This also happened a couple of days back.. was using the phone with around 70% charge and suddenly my phone just turned off and wouldn't come on as the battery was at 0%.

Anybody facing this issue ? Any suggestions on how to resolve this or is my battery fried. Thanks for your help.

NightcoreRaven
HDMI
Views: 1,970
Message 35 of 410

Re: Battery drops from 80% to 5%

@Xtina81 wrote:

I have a Moto Z droid that is 11 months old. I fully charged my phone and it was at about 80% when i opened chrome and googled something. My phone just froze so i waited a minute and pressed the power button for a while to restart the phone. When it came on the battery was at 5%. See attached photo that shows the rapid battery drain. 

This also happened a couple of days back.. was using the phone with around 70% charge and suddenly my phone just turned off and wouldn't come on as the battery was at 0%.

Anybody facing this issue ? Any suggestions on how to resolve this or is my battery fried. Thanks for your help.

A fellow sweatcoin user. Have you noitced that app draining your battery a lot since it needs location services? Also I had something similar to that happen a few weeks ago. Only difference in my case was that I accidentally triggered the power button reset method. Went from 50% straight down to 4. Hasn't happened since and when I tried that method again it did not drain. Seems all the Z Droid's seem to be having some type of battery issue besides just the battery being bad in the first place. I would say to wait for Oreo and see if that helps your issues. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,908
Message 36 of 410

Re: Battery drops from 80% to 5%

Hi Xtina81 

It must have been inconvenient for you. Please try calibrating the battery and see if it helps. 

To calibrate the battery, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds. When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight, using only the charger that came in the box with the phone. Observe the battery performance within 24 hours.

Would you also update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled under Settings. Need help updating your profile? Click on this link.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Rene_buzz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,791
Message 37 of 410

Same issue after getting the 7.1.1 update. Battery drains so fast like a ticking clock after unplugging from the charger, it then shuts down when its below 50% charge. It so frustrating. I had to charge the phone more than 4x in a day. I hope you can look into it. I've provided my details in my profile. 

Streaks714
HDMI
Views: 1,649
Message 38 of 410

Have any of you seen this discussion?? If not, I would suggest you spend a moment or 2 doing a little reading there.

Have a feeling you may get your answers.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Moto_Z/thread-id/2713/page/54

Rene_buzz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,636
Message 39 of 410

Thanks for that link, though the suggestions I read are just workarounds by carrying something heavier than the phone itself all the time just to keep it from shutting down which defeats the purpose of purchasing this thin phone in the first place. I'm just out of warranty and negotiating with the provider will be a total waste of time. I can't blame anything other than the last update which until now, no one from Lenovo is admitting it's the firmware's fault, and no solution to be found. I've been searching everywhere for an earlier version of the firmware for Moto Z but can't find any. Should you need anything to back your case up against them, I'm willing to provide you the details that I can. 

Streaks714
HDMI
Views: 1,622
Message 40 of 410

@Rene_buzz wrote:

Thanks for that link, though the suggestions I read are just workarounds by carrying something heavier than the phone itself all the time just to keep it from shutting down which defeats the purpose of purchasing this thin phone in the first place. I'm just out of warranty and negotiating with the provider will be a total waste of time. I can't blame anything other than the last update which until now, no one from Lenovo is admitting it's the firmware's fault, and no solution to be found. I've been searching everywhere for an earlier version of the firmware for Moto Z but can't find any. Should you need anything to back your case up against them, I'm willing to provide you the details that I can. 

You did not read back far enough. You need not read through 50 + pages, but just pay attention to some of my comments and a few others. We believe we have found a solution.

Top Kudoed Authors