Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poofox
Fanfold Paper
Views: 540
Message 391 of 410

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

@Motorola - asking your customers to pay for repair/replacement is not a solution! 

I have the same problem.  It was caused by system update and is unaffected by factory reset (even occurred during the initial setup).

Symptoms:

Phone shuts off in the middle of any activity, regardless of reported battery level.  Once off, it will not power on or detect any battery charge until plugged in.  Battery % changes erratically and drops fast. 

For me, this started immediately after the system update to 8.0.0 but and once updated, it could not be reverted due to the locked bootloader.  I'm seeing countless other users with this problem.  Motorola needs to fix this or face a class action lawsuit.  Many of us are past warranty and still paying for the phone. 

JPMotoZ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 484
Message 392 of 410

I inquired about repair costs & Lenova sent a form that expired in 72hrs I was on vacation, so it expired

Meanwhile I contacted my Carrier & explained the probs:

1) I expressed concern that this was a known issue ocurring 1-yr in for other users at the time the carrier signed me up for a 2-yr package (we experienced extreme battery drain 14 mos. in with one of our 2 Moto Z phones and shortly after with the 2nd phone)

2) I wanted to change carriers & the other user want to change phones but we have all these mods we purchased!

3) We were out of warranty, no insurance but carrier responded to replace phone free BUT only after we agreed to factory reset (failed) New phone arrived in 48 hrs (wait n see B4 trying 2nd phone) & activated today Wiped old phone to return

4) Because carrier could not assure that the "new phone" will not repeat same error-- purchased insurance & backup plan ($15 month) so carrier is not out anything

5) Not sure what we will do about our 2nd phone-- still failing...Carrier=VZW

5) I'd rather have phone repaired -- but maybe Lenova only replaces phone with another that contains the same firmware issue??

People laugh at us!

But they used to admire our phones bc none are as light in the hand, & at the time, none had such large screen area & none had mods...

JPMotoZ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 483
Message 393 of 410

We don't do FB (on purpose-- never liked it's well-publicized abuse of contacts from the start)

Another way to keep up?

Twitter?

JPMotoZ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 482
Message 394 of 410

I am curious to know how many of the problem phones have VZW as carrier bc the carrier has locked SIM cards on the Moto Z's but other carriers advertise unlocked sim cards as a feature....

JPMotoZ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 482
Message 395 of 410

Re: Moto Z battery issues

You KNOW it is hardware issue (probably firmware, actually)

Only replacement works-- but no one knows for how long

Would like to know what the "repair" entails?

Have replaced 1 phone but trying to decide whether to repair or replace 2nd phone we own...

Not taking any more upgrades, fer sure

The upgrade that killed the phone reset our custom settings BTW turning on carriers data use (instead of our preferred WiFi setting) & other resets that were annoying to re-customize

JPMotoZ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 480
Message 396 of 410

Verizon gets you a replacement phone in 48 hrs-- but insurance usually required at $10 per monthpersist with VZW

Redinton
What's DOS?
Views: 470
Message 397 of 410

Why Your Moto Z battery is dying....

Hello everyone,,

Accubattery show 4.5 volts being dumped into it continuously after about 90% charge...No bueno.

If I charged any other lipo battery I have to 4.5v every day it would destroy it too.

I build battery packs for scooters and ebikes and never fully charge or discharge them... much less over volt them.

Unfortunately I only installed the app after having an issue post 7.1.1 so don't know if earlier versions over volted the battery or not.

I don't recall the Moto Z specs claiming to have lipo high voltage batteries and even if they did 4.35 is where most stop.

This could be 2 year update time cripple ware and evidence of intentionally destroying your battery.

I know I wont be buying any more lenovo products and I'll be purchasing my next phone factory unlocked seperate from a carrier.

To me this is a scandalous and the carriers and Lenovo should prosecuted.

Davyjones
Fanfold Paper
Views: 442
Message 398 of 410

Ignorant motorola asses
Hope you lose every customer !!!
My Qeustion still no answer....
Why set solved to this when clearly its not !!!
Whats up WHY with the battery drain that millions of motorola and lenovo users suffer????!!
Davyjones
Fanfold Paper
Views: 442
Message 399 of 410

Nicely spoken !never buy motorola
or lenovo products again people
Davyjones
Fanfold Paper
Views: 439
Message 400 of 410

My god can you believe ho stupid these motorola moderators are always di you try this and that while the forums swarmed with the issue !!!!
Hahaha ignorant motorola
Hope you lose every customer !!!
Question still no answer....
Why set solved to this when clearly its not !!!
Whats up WHY with the battery drain that millions of motorola and lenovo users suffer????!!