Message 41 of 417

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

what is the solution?   factory reset?    its not clear what the solution is 

Rene_buzz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,261
Message 42 of 417

Factory reset won't fix it, already did that. I'm tempted to break this phone in half so I have a reason to buy a different brand. 

IMsureance
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,117
Message 43 of 417

I'm on the phone with Moto Repairs and Warranty and they are telling me they do not offer battery replacements bc it is a non removable battery on my Moto Z Droid. She said that they don't do repairs for battery issues, they just send a replacement "like new" phone. She said that since I am 4mos out of my warranty I'll have to pay the out of warranty fee of $150. I escalated and they told me there are no known issues with these battery problems and offered 25% off that fee. Now I'm really upset because I've had Moto phones all the way back to the Moto Razr M and they won't admit this is a defect and should be covered without a replacement fee. Can any Moto Agents on this forum please help me to waive this fee?

IMsureance
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,114
Message 44 of 417

Did you factory reset AFTER the December 2017 security patch? The reason I ask is that I just got the notification that patch is finally available for my phone (Verizon Moto Z Droid) and I just want to be sure that's not going to fix these battery problems before I order a replacement? I can't wait another week to have a working phone.  Thanks!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,087
Message 45 of 417

@IMsureance wrote:

Did you factory reset AFTER the December 2017 security patch? The reason I ask is that I just got the notification that patch is finally available for my phone (Verizon Moto Z Droid) and I just want to be sure that's not going to fix these battery problems before I order a replacement? I can't wait another week to have a working phone.  Thanks!

The Droid line is different software as it has verizon customizations.  

My gsm moto z is fine. I recommend a reset, and test before restoring any apps.  If the battery behaves ok in this state, it is not the battery.  If the battery still has problems, test in airplane mode to see if cell signal is the drain.  

If the phone is still draining fast with no apps restored, and in airplane mode, then it is likely hardware/battery. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Streaks714
HDMI
Views: 1,079
Message 46 of 417

@spall05 wrote:

what is the solution?   factory reset?    its not clear what the solution is 

This WAS the solution I spoke of, but as you can see, we are screwed so far!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z/Moto-Z-extreme-battery-drain-after-7-1-1-update/m-p/3972380#M487...

IMsureance
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,055
Message 47 of 417

It's hardware/battery and I'm getting no help other than to spend $150 on a previously owned replacement phone. I am outside my warranty by 4mos. PS. This is not an isolated or user induced battery/hardware defect and you are offering no help to those of us who are outside warranty on the Moto Z Droid or Moto Z Force Droid and now have phones that have to be plugged in 24/7 to function properly. See the other related thread that is now 65 pages long without an acknowledgement from Moto nor a real solution.

Geek2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,043
Message 48 of 417

I concluded it's a broken battery, threw it in the cupboard and got an LG G6. No point spending more time or money on an out of warranty phone. Goodbye Moto/Lenovo!

IMsureance
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,014
Message 49 of 417

I find it disturbing that this problem was marked as solved by Motorola and the solution provided is to send the phone in for repair/replacement. There are so many of us still struggling with these battery problems (see the other 60+ page thread) that are just barely outside of the warranty period and this is obviously a defect in the phone itself aka not a user created problem. Is anyone going to help us?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,001
Message 50 of 417

@IMsureance wrote:

I find it disturbing that this problem was marked as solved by Motorola and the solution provided is to send the phone in for repair/replacement. There are so many of us still struggling with these battery problems (see the other 60+ page thread) that are just barely outside of the warranty period and this is obviously a defect in the phone itself aka not a user created problem. Is anyone going to help us?

You shouldnt find it disturbing as motorola didn’t mark it solved, the OP did. As for suggestions of repair, that is always the course of action if software remedies fail - and that is the case if a reset doesn’t fix something.  

As for being out of warranty, not everyone is.  But that is something to take up with motorola support. 

You have posted the same thing in many threads ranging from battery life to phone shutting off with yiur posts starting 2 weeks ago. Spamming the forums with the same posts is not helping your cause. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors