Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IMsureance
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,204
Message 51 of 421

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

You and your agents spamming the many people who are having similar widespread battery problems with "you need to recalibrate your battery" is not solving this ongoing issue. Please offer some real help!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,201
Message 52 of 421

@IMsureance wrote:

You and your agents spamming the many people who are having similar widespread battery problems with "you need to recalibrate your battery" is not solving this ongoing issue. Please offer some real help!

You are going to get the same reply as before. This is a user to user forum. 

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

You keep asking for more - that is all there is. I am sorry your phone is out of warranty, but there is nothing else anyone here can offer. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Daimonion75
Paper Tape
Views: 1,145
Message 53 of 421

I have the same problem here. The Moto Z freezes several time in last week and the battery is extremly down. 

Screenshot_20180216-163109.png

Andre_Costa1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,073
Message 54 of 421

I installed, in my Moto Z XT1650-03, the custom rom "[ROM] [8.1.0] [BETA] [UNOFFICIAL] AospExtended v5.1" and stopped the problem. I believe the cause was the official update 7.1.1

eurosteve
Punch Card
Views: 985
Message 55 of 421

Andre_Costa1 -
Please keep us updated as to how your device does over time after applying this custom rom. I don't think you can know if this "stopped the problem" until some time has passed. Thanks.
Andre_Costa1
Paper Tape
Views: 984
Message 56 of 421

It was 7 days and I did not have the problem anymore.

Andre_Costa1
Paper Tape
Views: 981
Message 57 of 421

I think you would know if the problem persists, since the cell phone was shutting down constantly.

Streaks714
HDMI
Views: 949
Message 58 of 421

@Andre_Costa1wrote:

I think you would know if the problem persists, since the cell phone was shutting down constantly.

While I applaud you for having success with your "custom ROM" install, you are in the minority with regard to fixing the 7.1.1 Update issue.

Many here have even found success by doing the...reset, clear cache, recalibrate battery , etc stuff.

Again, a complete minority.

Lenovo ruined their flagship phones with that update. If you are lucky enough to be under warranty, you can get a new phone or a repair.

It is my understanding that repair parts ( batteries and possibly mainboard) are in demand in some circumstances.

It would be helpful if those on here would now post in this discussion...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z/Moto-Z-extreme-battery-drain-after-7-1-1-update/td-p/3758100/pag...

EdgarArroyo1
Punch Card
Views: 718
Message 59 of 421

Can we send our 7.1.1 updated phones to Motorola and get 6.0.1 phones???

This is ridiculous.  I can't show off my slim, nice phone because it drains the battery while I show it off...  What a pitty!

mnhunt
Paper Tape
Views: 689
Message 60 of 421

Well I don't know about most of you but this is a bunch of BS.  I have been having the same issue and it has been getting worse.  I drove 1 hours to work and the battery went from 100% to 49%.  When I plugged it up to change, it was hot and then crashed, which was the 5th time this week.  The last "Security Update" seems to have made it much worst.  I find it very interesting that Motorola sihifts the blame and Verizon shifts the blame.  When did we the consumer have any hand in writing or releasing of the updates?  When did we have any involvement on the manufacture of the product?  But it is our fault?  My phone is 15 months old and this sounds like the Apple BS on slowing older phones instead of correcting the problem.  Did someone say lawsuit!?   

Top Kudoed Authors