Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowangel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,446
Message 71 of 410

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

My moto z battery life is now  1/4 what is was before the 8.0.0 update a couple days ago. Has anyone else had a similar problem? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,442
Message 72 of 410

@snowangel wrote:

My moto z battery life is now  1/4 what is was before the 8.0.0 update a couple days ago. Has anyone else had a similar problem? 

If the problem started after 8.0 then likely some app(s) didn't like the update. 

Have you tested in safe mode? If i have problems after a major update, i usually just do a reset and set everything up again manually. 8.0 is on my Z and working fine. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
snowangel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,438
Message 73 of 410

I shall look at doing the reset after finals are done Smiley Happy

I had no apps running which is why I was concerned about the sudden battery drain.

My phone lost just over 20% in an hour just sitting beside me while I was studying. 

Thanks for the suggestion Smiley Happy 

mnhunt
Paper Tape
Views: 1,433
Message 74 of 410

I really like the "Solved" in green, except it isn't.  Fake Help!

@arianits wrote:

Just recently I purchased another Moto Z (this time in black color) after being very satisfied with the first one. Compared to the previous, this one has an issue with battery drain, lasting no more than 8 hours without sim card inserted, any apps installed and just in standby. When checking battery consumption history, Cellular network signal and Awake are always on, thus draining the battery in background. Now, I have tried many things, like: full factory reset, clear cache, run in safe mode, airplane mode and none of these changes anything. Even the latest update 7.1.1 did not change anything. Is there anything that can be done to save this beautiful phone, so I can finally use it?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,431
Message 75 of 410

@mnhunt wrote:

I really like the "Solved" in green, except it isn't.  Fake Help!

@arianits

The OP marked his post as the solution. Ask him to unmark it. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Boosh63
Punch Card
Views: 1,378
Message 76 of 410

My Moto Z has always had decent battery. It got worse following 7.1.1 and it is now unacceptable with 8.0. I have done a reset and used a battery calibration app to no avail. I can actually watch the battery drain. Android tells me that I have less that 2 hours on a full charge. Even with my Incpio Offgrid battery mod I would nopt get thour a day. What can be done?

@AlphaDog wrote:

@snowangel wrote:

If the problem started after 8.0 then likely some app(s) didn't like the update. 

Have you tested in safe mode? If i have problems after a major update, i usually just do a reset and set everything up again manually. 8.0 is on my Z and working fine. 

@AlphaDog wrote:

@snowangel wrote:

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,376
Message 77 of 410

@Boosh63 wrote:

My Moto Z has always had decent battery. It got worse following 7.1.1 and it is now unacceptable with 8.0. I have done a reset and used a battery calibration app to no avail. I can actually watch the battery drain. Android tells me that I have less that 2 hours on a full charge. Even with my Incpio Offgrid battery mod I would nopt get thour a day. What can be done?

@AlphaDog wrote:

@snowangel wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@snowangel wrote:

The same answer has been posted previously. If your battery life is very poor, and you have tested after a reset and before installing/restoring any apps then the next step is service. Likely a new battery is needed. 

Boosh63
Punch Card
Views: 1,372
Message 78 of 410

The battery mod discharges at the same rate when the internal battery has been exhausted. So you're saying a phone barely over a year old has a bad battery and coincidentally my less than a year old battery mod is bad as well? Also a coincidence that it happened as soon as I went to  Oreo?

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Boosh63 wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@snowangel wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@snowangel wrote:

The same answer has been posted previously. If your battery life is very poor, and you have tested after a reset and before installing/restoring any apps then the next step is service. Likely a new battery is needed. 

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Boosh63 wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@snowangel wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@snowangel wrote:

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,367
Message 79 of 410

@Boosh63 wrote:

The battery mod discharges at the same rate when the internal battery has been exhausted. So you're saying a phone barely over a year old has a bad battery and coincidentally my less than a year old battery mod is bad as well? Also a coincidence that it happened as soon as I went to  Oreo?

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Boosh63 wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@snowangel wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@snowangel wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Boosh63 wrote:

@AlphaDog 

No that is not what i said. And i read your description as "2 hours of battery life with internal battery, with battery mod it barely lasts a day" - so to me that implied 10-12 hours from battery mod (seems normal for mod). 

I see no reason to suspect any update or eveyrone would be affected, so that leaves the issue to be related to your device. Therefore service is the next step. I suspect the battery, and since you said it got worse before oreo, it seems to fit. 

Boosh63
Punch Card
Views: 1,365
Message 80 of 410

I am lucky to get 4 hours WITH the mod and this remarkable loss of battery performance happened right after the 8.0 update. I highly doubt I will be spending another cent on on this device as it is out of warranty.

Top Kudoed Authors