Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SilvioBritto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,629
Message 1 of 5

MOTO Z docks

Hi, i think that the future for the domestic and non-professional computer users are no long in PCs, Notebooks and others, but in the use of smartphones connected to keyboards and mouses/touchpads.

We already carry computers in our pockets.

So, i would love to see a kind of implementation of a Dock Snap.

I'll send three ideas. For me, the better one is a Keyboard Snap, with the Moto Z itself acting as a mouse/touchpad.

SilvioBritto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,627
Message 2 of 5

Re: MOTO Z docks

SilvioBritto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,626
Message 3 of 5

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,602
Message 4 of 5

Moto showed a prototype Dock almost a year ago

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motorolas-OneCompute-uses-a-Moto-Mod-and-a-dock-to-turn-the-Moto-Z-in...

I think the challenge is that it only makes sense at home. No one will carry mouse, keyboard, dock and cables around in search of a monitor. 

And to use at home, if the current mod prices are any indication, this solution would not be cheap. And there would need to be some way to use the phone as a phone while it is a computer. I see people buying a cheap chrome book instead. 

I had a couple Atrix models with the dock and lapscreen. It worked great for light work, but often, as today, a real PC is needed for some sites and activities. And when it was docked, if you got a phone call, without BT headset, speakerphone was it. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
calebeaton
What's DOS?
Views: 515
Message 5 of 5

I'd love for the dock to happen. I found this thread as a result of searching for Moto Z docks. I carry a laptop and all the paraphernalia on trips anyway. So that's not the issue. What I want is to maximize the productivity potential of my Moto Z. Having a dock helps ensure that I'll be locked into the Z ecosystem and will keep me excited about upgrading. Samsung gets it.

Top Kudoed Authors