Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-29-2018

Bulgaria

3 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 121 of 187

Re: Moto Z Oreo Battery - is anyone from Lenovo working on it?

2018-09-29, 13:28 PM
Totally not true ! If in safe mode the problem persists chances are core operating system features are the culprit. @sk2andy said it perfect - it is stupid to keep saying "baterry recalibration, factory reset and third app interference" while SO MANY users report it's not working.... And please, you consider this - if it somehow was a hardware issue, it would have never been dependent on software version.
Options

5 Posts

09-30-2018

United States of America

7 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 122 of 187

Re: Major Battery Drain After Oreo Update

2018-09-30, 14:59 PM

Where's the class action lawsuit? I'm ready to hop aboard that train.  This battery drain issue is beyond ridiculous.  The minute I unplug my phone from the charger, it drops to 98% and rapidly picks up on drop rate from there. The worst part about this issue isn't the device, the worst part is ignorance coming from the makers of this device.  This is my 6th Moto phone and also my last.

Customer support is what makes a company.  What I'm seeing here is what customer support SHOULD NOT BE.

Options

7 Posts

06-21-2018

United States of America

12 Signins

157 Page Views

• Views: 157
  • Message 123 of 187

Re: Battery Performance after Oreo 8.0 Update

2018-10-07, 1:40 AM

Okay the backup and factory was done along with the calibration and nothing has changed. I still have the major battery useage and the phone will shut off at random times when battery is at 35% or under. I have seen hundreds upon hundreds of complaints very similar to this not only on this forum, so this is proven to be a widespread issue with the programming and equipment. Having a technician "look into the problem" is likely out of the question for most of us that have had the phone just over a year and out of factory warranty....no telling the cost of the technician and repairs. This is not what I'd expect after the price paid for the phone and having it such a short time. This is definitely causing a bad name for Motorola and Leveno. This has been my 3rd consecutive Motorola phone (less than 2 year old) that has had battery issues after an update that had no fix after complaining to support. This will be my last Motorola/Leveno phone I will ever purchase due to these issues.

If you have any other suggestions to fix this issue that has obviously been caused by the update feel free to let me know.

Jason Brown
Options

2 Posts

10-14-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 124 of 187

Re: Extereme battery drainage of Moto z

2018-10-14, 18:05 PM

Same issue here.  Very frustrating.  Phone shuts off even when receiving calls.  Phone is basically useless unless on charger constantly.  This is unfortunate because I really liked my moto.  

Options

12 Posts

10-18-2018

United States of America

8 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 125 of 187

Re: Battery Performance after Oreo 8.0 Update

2018-10-18, 19:29 PM

How is this thread marked solved when at least a dozen people have said it doesn't work? Add me to the list. Your solution does NOT work.

Options

1 Posts

10-19-2018

United States of America

6 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 126 of 187

Moto Z2 force battery damage

2018-10-19, 2:25 AM

So I got this phone about 5 months ago, and it seems to of gotten damaged. 

One day I had it on my turbocharge 15 charger (not original with Phone, turbocharge 2680us)  

It wasn't turbocharging (3rd party USB c cord) which was fine. It randomly started and that was also fine. Maybe 30 minutes later my phone froze and shut off, to which I noted a burning plastic smell and hot to touch cord. 

Since then my phone will shut off if I am not using it or having a hotspot on, and when I force it to stay on for even 5 minutes it severely overheats. The mic doesn't work, the speaker doesn't work on media (alarms and stuff works) 

I can't buy a new phone or pay the deductible for insurance, and US cellular does not cover it under warranty since their is case marks and the camera lens is broken. 

Could this be just the battery/could I get it replaced by a tech or use a parts phone of the same model to replace the battery?

The detuctible is like $150, and I have 30 months left on the contract

Options

3 Posts

08-21-2018

India

4 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 127 of 187

2018-10-19, 4:40 AM

I am also facing tha same issue with my Moto Z. I just wanted to ask, has anyone tried to uninstall Oreo and install 7.1.1 on the troubled Moto Z?

Does it work?

Options

4 Posts

12-04-2014

France

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 128 of 187

2018-10-21, 21:53 PM
Couldn't agree more... and without back up, basically the phone is busted may as well get a new one
Options

3 Posts

10-22-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 129 of 187

2018-10-23, 0:07 AM

Like so many others, I liked my Motorola Z-Force before the Oreo update. It WAS a decent phone, had a decent battery life, and few (if any) quirks.  

To be very clear...I did not want the Oreo update, I did not need the Oreo update, and I did not request the updaet.  I selected "later" or dismissed the incessant update pop-up for a long time.  I did NOT want the update to install because I have had several other perfectly good phones ruined by unwanted, unrequested updates such as this.

One day I pulled my phone out of my pocket and it was updating with Oreo.  Since, my formerly-good phone is frustrating and does not work like I want it to.  I can't leave the house without my charger, mute comes on by itself during calls, and the phone keeps trying to connect to unkown Blutooth devices, showing only MAC addresses.  In general, the phone is much slower to respond now.  

Nothing else changed to cause these issues.  One day my phone was fine, then Motorola/Verizon updated it despite me not wanting them to update MY phone...and then the issues began.  Now I no longer love my Motorola phone.  It's not that my battery coincidentally went bad that day, my apps are updated, there is plenty of storage available, I used the original OEM charger, and I wash behind my ears.

Verizon blames Motorola.  Motorola blames Verizon.   I'm sure we are all forced in the contract small print to agree to take these updates. I wish someone would challenge this as an unfair business practice in a class action suit.  This has been happening for years.  You can almost set your calendar by it.   About every 2 years, forced software updates render good phones useless.  We OWN these phones.  It does not seem reasonable that we are forced by Motorola and/or Verizon to push out updates that we don't want, need, or request, that render our phones useless or degrade their performance.  The result is early obsolescence that force us to buy new phones before we would otherwise need to.  Even Microsoft doesn't stoop to that level.

I get security udates.  I am speaking to the major OS updates.

All I see on this forum (like Verizon), are employees telling people to do factory updates, do battery calibrations, blaming 3rd party apps and battery age.  This is embarrassing, insulting, and shameful.  It's painfully obvious that the updates cause problems.  Moreover, why should we have to spend a lot of time jumping through hoops trying to fix a problem that was caused by an action we didn't want in the first place?  And, most users report back that the steps didn't fix their issues anyway.

If you hopped in your car to go to work, and discovered that GM had updated your car against your wishes overnight, and now your car didn't run well like it did when you went to bed the night before....would you be happy with that?

It's time to stop this repugnant practice.  If you want to drop support for older versions, fine.  But don't force updates on our devices that we don't want, need, or request.   Shame on you.

Oh, and don't try to say this issue is "solved", when it clearly is not.

Options

2 Posts

10-14-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 130 of 187

2018-10-29, 20:34 PM

Good bye moto/Lenovo.  Hello new phone. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms