Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J-D1
Paper Tape
Views: 15,784
Message 21 of 182

Re: Major Battery Drain After Oreo Update

Agent_Rich, turning off scanning did not change anything for me, but switching to safe mode completely solved the issue! 

So how to I proceed from here? I need to use some of the apps that were disabled in safe mode for work. Is there a way to figure out which is the culprit?  (It's ok to look at my apps).  The apps that were disabled were:
Spotify
Slack
Stitcher
Star Walk 2
Trip Advisor
Keep
Weather Underground
and 4 King game apps

Bharathj
Paper Tape
Views: 15,785
Message 22 of 182

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

No use after uninstalling the app's the battery issues continues so please make it right as soon as possible or release new software update soon by that the issues may reduce 

Bharath
Rosm2004
SCSI Port
Views: 15,781
Message 23 of 182

Re: Battery Performance after Oreo 8.0 Update

@Joe10964 wrote:

Battery performance was great the first couple of days. In the last 2 days, my phone will not make it more than 2 hours without being on a charger. Can we back date the current update? 

What was the performance before you started having problems? Did you change something 2 days ago that could have affected it?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 15,763
Message 24 of 182

Hi Everyone,

I understand your concern. The battery of the device seems old already. I highly recommend doing a factory data reset without automatic restore. Go to Settings > System > Reset > Reset Phone. If you have important files, make sure to back them up, but I suggest trying to set up as new to make sure no third party apps will be reinstalled automatically. Observe your phone until we see improvement and try installing third-party apps one at a time. If the issue persists, it could be a hardware issue, I suggest sending the phone for repair. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Luvinfrogsntx
Paper Tape
Views: 15,745
Message 25 of 182

I just find it interesting that I am also having trouble connecting certain bluetooth devices, which I also did a search for and found that other android devices , google pixel 2, for example,are reporting issues including app crashes.  Could this be more of a softwarr issue and not a hardware issue?  Just interesting.

Joe10964
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,723
Message 26 of 182

I was fairl satisfied with the battery performance. It was not as good as when I first starting using my phone. After the update, I was really impressed. Nothing has changed on my phone as far as I know. I have not added any apps for a long time. Yesterday morning, I could not keep it charged. In 20 minutes, I lost 20 % battery. I charged the phone up to 60%. That made it 4 hours without a charge. The battery draw down is very random. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 15,761
Message 27 of 182

Hi Everyone,

I understand that we would all like to get this resolve. We highly recommend doing a Factory Data Reset without Automatic Restore. After that, do a Battery Calibration. Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds until it forces a reboot > Plug into the charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after charging the phone.

After performing all those steps. Please observe the phone the whole day without installing any third-party apps, until we notice any improvement. It's better to set up as new. 

Note: If you have important files please make sure to back them up before doing the reset to make sure you won't lose any files. 

After doing all the steps correctly and the issue persists, it's better to have your phones checked by our technicians so they can repair it. Let me know if you need a help on how to send the phone for repair. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Highlighted
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 15,684
Message 28 of 182

Re: Major Battery Drain After Oreo Update

This is crazy that the only suggestion we keep getting is a factory reset (which about 200 people have commented that it didn't work) or send it in for repair. This started with my phone after the last update. Stupid oreo. I don't know if this is a patchable issue...doubt it, but c'mon Lenovo at least acknowledge it. This is going to make the difference when 3 of us go to upgrade next week

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 15,685
Message 29 of 182

Oreo is garbage. My phone was great before. Now having the same battery issues. Shuts off at anything below 50%. High end phones should not have this issue. Also, phone randomly Restarts even when fully charged.
Rosm2004
SCSI Port
Views: 15,675
Message 30 of 182

Rich, approximately how much screen-on time should we get out of a fully charged battery after a factory data reset and no 3rd party apps installed? 

Top Kudoed Authors