Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mando_M1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,902
Message 141 of 166

Re: Major Battery Drain After Oreo Update

The only thing I did notice is that there is still a good amount of battery drain when playing video and games.  The problem doesn't seem to persist when just web browsing.  

I'm too moving on to a new phone, eying an LG. But for mow, this temporary fix should at least help with being able to carry the phone around and off the **removed** charger.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

Mando_M1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,899
Message 142 of 166

Also, like naguszed pointed out, taking pictures (with flash enabled) will still insta-kill the battery.  My battery went from 51% to shutting off and restarting at 11% battery left 😐

So... Avoid taking pics

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,882
Message 143 of 166

I actually haven't had that problem. My biggest battery drain is surfing the web, particularly on puzzle sites that use Flash and have ads along the side.  One crossword, or about five minutes, will use 10% of the battery life.  Curiously, the phone is no longer able to connect to the WiFi at my job, although it did before Oreo, and still does fine with my home WiFi and hotspots.

Yes, I'm looking at the LG as well.  I have a Galaxy S8 for my work phone and don't care for the curved screen or the log-in procedures, and I've never been an Apple fan, so LG and Google are about it, and Google is already deep enough into my life and information.

Highlighted
DirkL
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,749
Message 144 of 166

Same battery problem and i m 50 year old that means i don't play the kids game's and don't use Facebook and WhatsApp every time.
Phone often shuts down at 30% battery.

Brian1972Moto
What's DOS?
Views: 1,420
Message 145 of 166

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

This dead battery at ~50% issue everyone is experiencing occurs after update to Oreo. I have 2 expensive Moto Z phones, flagships no less that are not useable, once they have hit ~50% battery they randomly die.

Both phones bought the same day, worked fine on Android 7.x. Now that they are on Oreo they are flakey. Lenovo knows this is a software issue. I see the same complaint from K8 owners about Oreo upgrade.

I bought a plan to protect my investment, it was not cheap. It is a plan to cover accidents like dropping and such, not poor quality OS updates I am not paying $149 deductible to fix this software issue.

Lenovo - How are you going to fix this Oreo Power Manager breakage?

rkaa
What's DOS?
Views: 1,400
Message 146 of 166

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

This didn't solve the issue for so many how did you mark it as solved. Is there way to go go back to older OS?
ljjnlj
Paper Tape
Views: 1,059
Message 147 of 166

@Mando_M1 wrote:

I'm going to be more useful than the Motorola/Lenovo techs here.  After browsing online, I came across a few tips on how to fix this ridiculous battery drain issue.

The following FIXED THE BATTERY DRAIN ISSUE:

Disable an App called AppFlash (hidden system app, use "show system" option)

Not only disable it, "clear data" too

Next, 

Google Play Services app, go into app data usage and disable "background data" and also clear all data.

After I did those two things, my phone appears to be functioning as it was prior to the 7.1.1 update (no battery issues)

Hope this works for all of you too.

could not find app "AppFlash" even after activating show system app

ljjnlj
Paper Tape
Views: 1,060
Message 148 of 166

have same problem. none of the solution worked mentioned in this thread. how it is marked as "solved"

ljjnlj
Paper Tape
Views: 1,060
Message 149 of 166

@Mando_M1 wrote:

I'm going to be more useful than the Motorola/Lenovo techs here.  After browsing online, I came across a few tips on how to fix this ridiculous battery drain issue.

The following FIXED THE BATTERY DRAIN ISSUE:

Disable an App called AppFlash (hidden system app, use "show system" option)

Not only disable it, "clear data" too

Next, 

Google Play Services app, go into app data usage and disable "background data" and also clear all data.

After I did those two things, my phone appears to be functioning as it was prior to the 7.1.1 update (no battery issues)

Hope this works for all of you too.

i think AppFlash app is only for verizon user, mine is unlocked moto z

rebelkitty99
Paper Tape
Views: 994
Message 150 of 166

thanks for the suggestion. I have tried a couple things from the forums here and just tried this.    It didn't change anything, my phone still turned off at just under 50% battery and won't turn back on until I plug it in.

Top Kudoed Authors