Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mando_M1
Paper Tape
Views: 460
Message 141 of 144

Re: Major Battery Drain After Oreo Update

The only thing I did notice is that there is still a good amount of battery drain when playing video and games.  The problem doesn't seem to persist when just web browsing.  

I'm too moving on to a new phone, eying an LG. But for mow, this temporary fix should at least help with being able to carry the phone around and off the **removed** charger.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

Mando_M1
Paper Tape
Views: 457
Message 142 of 144

Also, like naguszed pointed out, taking pictures (with flash enabled) will still insta-kill the battery.  My battery went from 51% to shutting off and restarting at 11% battery left 😐

So... Avoid taking pics

dmlcs57
Paper Tape
Views: 440
Message 143 of 144

I actually haven't had that problem. My biggest battery drain is surfing the web, particularly on puzzle sites that use Flash and have ads along the side.  One crossword, or about five minutes, will use 10% of the battery life.  Curiously, the phone is no longer able to connect to the WiFi at my job, although it did before Oreo, and still does fine with my home WiFi and hotspots.

Yes, I'm looking at the LG as well.  I have a Galaxy S8 for my work phone and don't care for the curved screen or the log-in procedures, and I've never been an Apple fan, so LG and Google are about it, and Google is already deep enough into my life and information.

Highlighted
DirkL
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 305
Message 144 of 144

Same battery problem and i m 50 year old that means i don't play the kids game's and don't use Facebook and WhatsApp every time.
Phone often shuts down at 30% battery.

Top Kudoed Authors