Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poofox
Fanfold Paper
Views: 488
Message 161 of 166

Re: Battery Performance after Oreo 8.0 Update

Nothing works except a new phone from another company.  There is no solution to this problem and Motorla tells lies.

Ekimap
Fanfold Paper
Views: 469
Message 162 of 166

@Ekimap wrote:

@Ekimap wrote:

I tried this fix, it didn't work, just got worse and worse till it only worked when plugged in. Mine was over warranty. I changed battery and it was still draining quicker than it should. It also started not recognizing the sim card.  Then the Battery started not charging after 2 weeks. This is what worked for me finally. Removing the commserver according to the instructions in this link. 

https://www.techeligible.com/2017/11/13/remove-comserver-cqatest-bugs/

Well it worked briefly. Then the new battery bloated and popped my screen off after a month!! ???

New battery after 3 days I let it die till it turned off. It wouldn't charge so had to start it again using this weird method in link, where you get into the load up settings, restart bootloader, then it will recognize my sim card and charge. Smiley Sad Hope this 3rd battery will be ok!!

Update:  My son wanted to use my phone for a bit and let it run down to 0%. Now I can't even get it to turn on! 😟 I used different outlets different chargers including original charger, no success so far.  If I can't start the phone by restarting the bootloader it won't take a charge at all. It seems that now it won't even recognize a power signal. Will keep trying. Sad, the software of the actual phone is still superfast, I love the special features moto has, and the mods, but if I can't ever let it accidentally run down to 0% without laborious results, or now can't charge it or turn it on!?!? its utterly useless .... .. 😕 Sad

sluggo63
Paper Tape
Views: 191
Message 163 of 166

Any update on the battery drain issue with the Moto Z?? I'm down to 50% after full charge within a 1/2 hour ...nothing major showing in apps usage ...thanks

Highlighted
Laxin98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 167
Message 164 of 166

Motorola has refused to admit there is an issue. Go back to your carrier and hope they offer you a different manufacturer. 

CharlieDolen
Paper Tape
Views: 77
Message 165 of 166

After repeated attempts of Rich's solution, the issue remains still. I have owned virtually every brand of phone there is and honestly believe the Moto Z Force may very well be the worst for battery, possibly the next to LG as worst overall. I will be upgrading to another brand as there is a complete lack of real support for my phone. I truly despise Apple products but they may be the only reliable choice!

jennjenn
What's DOS?
Views: 60
Message 166 of 166

Re: Major Battery Drain After Oreo Update

I’ve had this same issue since the update. It’s been months of trying to resolve this. Of course it happens just over the year warranty mark. I’m not at all wealthy. Buying a phone outright was a big deal for me and it makes me angry that I only had this phone a little over a year before it turned into an expensive paper weight. Obviously so many people had this same exact problem. Motorola should be offering a no or very low cost fix since this is a matter of there being some sort of defect with the phone. I’ll never buy another motorola phone again after this experience, mostly because it’s simply too costly to take a risk on motorola again. I have medical issues and need a phone I can depend on, not this garbage. 

Top Kudoed Authors