Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigWilly
SCSI Port
Views: 1,027
Message 171 of 182

Re: Major Battery Drain After Oreo Update

Means nothing in usa with one year warranty and paying upfront for retail carrier unlock.  Motorola lied and screwed me out of a lot of money.  Read any thread on here and they have users who's phone cost them a fortune, has hardware problems lenovorola knew about, and os updates that are behind security patches and os two versions behind current stable, they are soulless criminals out to extort the consumer who is still gullible enough to buy a Motorola anything.  "Complete your profile, fill out imei, join feedback program with 4 phones over 3 years and we'll never contact you for feedback.?"

That's not advice or help or honest or serving the benefit of any of the loyal paying rubes still doing business with this pump and dump shell of a 1990's innovating brand.  

Never buying moto anything again even to accept free I'll think about it.  👎

BigWilly
SCSI Port
Views: 1,027
Message 172 of 182

@jennjenn wrote:

........ I’ll never buy another motorola phone again after this experience, mostly because it’s simply too costly to take a risk on motorola again. I have medical issues and need a phone I can depend on, not this garbage. 

This post sums up the thread and motorola and Lenovo and Google corporate culture for over a decade.  "Don't be evil" remember?  (Try harder guys, either way the have lost my business and selling stock short)

Laxin98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,018
Message 173 of 182

I stand corrected... if you were lucky enough to purchase your phone well after its (US) release, and by some miracle still in warranty, they are willing to do something for you. Otherwise you're on your own and they're not willing to offer a single thing.

I purchased 4 phones, 3 ran in to this issue after the update. When I talked to Moto, they said "Wow, we've never heard of this battery issue before, but you're out of warranty, so there's nothing we can do for you. My carrier was at least willing to offer a discount on an "out of warranty repair". I should have taken them up on the offer of an exchange for a Samsung, as the battery life is starting to tumble on several of the phones again. My Chrome app has even begun to crash regularly, and no I haven't added any new apps. Needless to say I will not support a company that is unwilling, except when legally obligated, to support their customers when they provided faulty products.

SHT8101
What's DOS?
Views: 899
Message 174 of 182

Re: Moto zforce and moto z droid battery

Don't bother swapping out the batteries, motor force does the same thing!

itsbeautifulher
What's DOS?
Views: 587
Message 175 of 182

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

I have been following this thread for a while but did not want to submit my issue until I had tried everything possible. I have the same issue as everyone else. All of a sudden, in correlation with the Android update, my battery has been rendering my phone basically useless. I have followed the instructions again for the facrory reset. Even with no additional apps installed with a fresh reset, I was still losing half of my battery life in a matter of an hour. I did the battery recalibration. That seemed to help the phone stay on 100% for a little longer, (about 8 minutes with no use) but then it continues to decline at an expodential rate.After waiting the suggested 24 hours,  I have slowly been adding other apps but only the few that are necessarry for me right now. Honestly, there is a slight improvement since resetting and not having all my apps back on my phone. But unfortunately it is very slightly. And could just be because the less apps means the OS is doing less? I don't know. I spent a lot of money on this phone. I love my phone. I cannot afford another one. Not even a cheap one. When on a phone call it will drop within minutes if the battery starts with less then 25%. I know some tech things, enough to follow instructions and help troubleshoot. I can't say its the android update, but it is a crazy coincidence. Can you please let me know what information you need from me to check my battery and see where to go from here. 

Moto Z Force Droid

Configuration Version: F16.MOT.XT1650.0

Build Number: OCL27.76-69-6-3

Kernal Version: 3.18.71-perf-g7f9c96b         hudsoncm@ilclbld33 #1        Tue Sep 25 04:38:43 CDT 2018

I did not know what information was important so I included everything in the about phone section. Thank you

rodmiger
Paper Tape
Views: 575
Message 176 of 182

Solved by changing the battery. Firstly I ordered one from eBay but it came faulty. Then I ordered one from AliExpress, took the sticker and ..AccuBattery showed 3000mAh. Use this buttery for the last 7 month and still happy. To open the screen I used a hairdryer and a blade from a disposable razor.  Only one problem I didn't use a good glue for the screen. 

Bought the battery here: http://buyeasy.by/redirect/cpa/o/phk18v87zkyxlembhc1d0axr8ajyxlgd/

Printscreen after 7 months of using: 

Warlock983
Paper Tape
Views: 424
Message 177 of 182

Thanks for this!!!!

Understanding the issue helps so much. Reading this and a few others led to me disabling my camera and deleting Facebook (and related apps).

The first charge after that is showing 90% after 25 mins of straight use (this would normally have my phone at 60%). For those of you still suffering, consider disabling your camera and see how it goes!!

orjhawk
Paper Tape
Views: 420
Message 178 of 182

Relief came for me only when I convinced Verizon to swap my phone for a new (refurbished) one.  Relief was instant, except of course that I had to go through the time to move into a different device.  Same model, Z-Force.  Phone is not as zippy on the **bleep** unwanted, unneeded, unrequested Oreo update, for sure...and I'm still P___D that this update was forced on MY phone.   But...with the swapped out phone, at least my battery is back to being very acceptable....like it was before they screwed it up.  

Dont accept runaround, workaround, time-wasting, BS troubleshooting.  They messed this up.  Make them fix it.  Make them replace your phone that YOU PAID FOR.

PS....Lenovo STILL marking this as "solved" should be embarrassing for them.  I do not respect the brand as I did before this insult.

itsbeautifulher
What's DOS?
Views: 296
Message 179 of 182

Re: Android 8.0 is killing my phone

I have posted a few times with the same issue. I have followed all troubleshooting steps. I cannot afford a new phone. Please help me. I am literaly begging you. I have waited to do all the steps agian beause of wanting to make sure that you are able to look at my phone when I do  them. I do need to upgrade my phone info and I will do that right now. Please please please help me

Laxin98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 268
Message 180 of 182

Re: Android 8.0 is killing my phone

If you haven't realized it from most responses, Lenovo doesn't care about you unless you're still under warranty. Go to your carrier, that's your best option if you're out of warranty. Ask them to offer a different manufacturer and take it! Good luck! 

Top Kudoed Authors