Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neoxid501
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,446
Message 11 of 180

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

It really does suck. Anyway I've moved on to a new phone (not from motorola, funnily enough my Lenovo t460s has yet to die on me!) so I'll be unsubscribing from this post. There's another larger discussion though over here incase anyone hasn't seen it:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z/Moto-Z-extreme-battery-drain-after-7-1-1-update/m-p/4121301

lfgcampos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,503
Message 12 of 180

Re: Major Battery Drain After Oreo Update

Hi @Agent_Rich,

I tried to do that and this is what I saw:
- My battery was at 55-60% and when I restarted to go to Safe Mode, the phone just died and said battery was at 3%.
- Put it on charger and it said 29%.
- I've charged it a bit and put on Safe Mode after that, battery was at 39% and stood there for 2h (still 39%).
- I've restarted to normal mode back again and phone died saying battery was at 3%.
- Put it on charger and it said battery was at 23%.
- Charging it again...

This behavior is really really strange and I can't see a pattern... what do you think?
Ward001
What's DOS?
Views: 5,437
Message 13 of 180

Re: MOTO Z EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN

Just upgraded to android 8.0.0 on my moto z play and now i) charging only gets to 30%, not 65% (its a year old and never gets past this) post upgrade. 

The battery drains really quickly and 'google play services' is now the top offender at 65%.  

Instead of having a day or so battery life its now a couple of hours and drains dramatically. 

Just tried removing apps from home screen that have the green notifications as suggested earlier. Any other suggestions for a fix else my phone is pretty much useless. Not impressed with Moto, esp as previous upgrade meant the phone wouldn't connect to Windows so wouldn't get another one with these issues.... 

Bharathj
Paper Tape
Views: 5,392
Message 14 of 180

Re: Major Battery Drain After Oreo Update

Thanks for your response but none of that is working and couldn't talk over phone for more than 30 minutes I get all my battery drained

Bharath
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,384
Message 15 of 180

Hi Everyone,

Have you tried the suggested steps I provided in my previous post? Also please update your profile with the IMEI. I will check the battery status of your phone. The instruction is also given in my previous post, please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Rosm2004
SCSI Port
Views: 5,356
Message 16 of 180

Battery Performance after Oreo 8.0 Update

I had previously posted in the thread about battery drain after 7.1.1. and installed the Oreo 8.0 update a few days ago.

I had been getting about 5-6 hours total, with 1-2 hours screen-on time. When I updated to Oreo it went crazy for a while, giving me some erratic battery readings, like it had only be 48 minutes since the last full charge, screen usage was 45 minutes, but was already at 66% with only 1 hour 34 minutes left. After a hard restart it was even worse.

Then I started it in Safe Mode and charged it to 100%. I was able to get about 9 hours out of it but didn't use it very much because I didn't have my Facebook and other apps that I usually use. 

I had previously talked to a Verizon tech who told me to turn down the screen brightness, remove all extra apps, etc. He also said that sometimes when performing an update, it doesn't install properly over the existing apps and suggested doing a factory data reset and reinstalling the apps. Since my battery doesn't seem to be that bad, I didn't want go to the trouble of doing an FDR, but here are some things I did:

- Turn screen brightness as low as possible and always turn it off as soon as I'm finished using it

- Remove all unused apps

- I use the Nova Launcher combined with Tesla Unread in order to get unread notification badges for email and Facebook etc. I'm not sure what the dots with the new OS are supposed to do, but I turned them off - it seems one has to open each app in Settings and turn off the notification dot individually.

- I also went into developer mode and limited the number of background processes - but I'm not sure whether that would help and developer mode itself can also drain the battery.

Right now, back in normal mode, my battery readings are:

Last full charge: 7 hours 49 minutes ago

Screen usage since last full charge: 2  hrs

22% remaining 2 hours left

This isn't great but it's not drastic. 

What are some of your experiences after the Oreo 8.0 update? Please post your stats, good or bad.

Luvinfrogsntx
Paper Tape
Views: 5,343
Message 17 of 180

I have the same issues with the Moto Z Droid. Prior to the Oreo update I could do a battery recalibrate and it would last about 1 day got to 15%. But since the update the phone discharges at will and is very unreliable. I did a battery test and it failed although all the settings looked good. I can't leave my phone off the charger for more than a few hours. Not pleased at all. When searching for solutions this appears to be a problem for a lot of Moto users. I loved my Motorola Droid prior to Lenovo, I really don't won't to regret my decision to stick with them.
lfgcampos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,326
Message 18 of 180

Hi @Agent_Rich,

Yes, I did everything you mentioned and none of them helped me.

Can you check my battery status and try to figure out what is the problem?

Let me know if you need something else.

KR,

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,291
Message 19 of 180

Hi lfgcampos,

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it. It looks like there are some apps crashing especially the Google Magazine/News, these may cause battery draining. Please try to uninstall some apps that you seldom use, including the Google Magazine/News and let me know if there's any improvement with your battery. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Joe10964
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,271
Message 20 of 180

Re: Battery Performance after Oreo 8.0 Update

Battery performance was great the first couple of days. In the last 2 days, my phone will not make it more than 2 hours without being on a charger. Can we back date the current update? 

Top Kudoed Authors