08-27-2019

SK

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 181 of 187

Re: Major Battery Drain After Oreo Update

2019-08-27, 8:04 AM
I confirm this is not a phone problem and Oreo.

The problem is the battery.

I replaced the battery in the service and the phone is working all day now.

I'm from Slovakia - Europe. Battery is from mobile shop service.
Options

2 Posts

08-27-2019

SK

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 182 of 187

Re: Android 8.0 is killing my phone

2019-08-27, 8:08 AM
Hi. Please reset your Lenovo and go to the service for change battey!
Options

1 Posts

11-01-2019

US

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 183 of 187

2019-11-01, 18:50 PM

Same problem as all the other posters.  Tried a factory reset....no luck.  Tried Safe Mode....no luck.  There is clearly some widespread problem with this device related to the 8.0.0 rollout.  I contacted Moto and was beyond disappointed by their response.  It is absurd that they would expect customers to foot the bill for a repair when their product is clearly faulty----especially since it is going to cost a couple of hundred dollars and who knows how long without a device to get that repair done.  I assume the hope is that we will just upgrade to another device.  I will, but I promise it won't be anything in the Moto line.  For what was billed as a high end flagship device, this is extremely pathetic, and for a company with such a good reputation, this is very concerning.

Options

4 Posts

09-07-2018

IE

3 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 184 of 187

2019-11-01, 19:05 PM

My Moto Z with same problem but i reset it to Factory settings, And i turn my Display to Adaptive auto brightness and Also turn off All moto Actions, Now my battery working Fine ?

Options

4 Posts

09-07-2018

IE

3 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 185 of 187

2019-11-01, 20:43 PM

My Moto Z with same problem but i reset it to Factory settings, And i turn my Display to Adaptive auto brightness and Also turn off All moto Actions, Now my battery working Fine ?

Options

1 Posts

12-11-2019

US

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 186 of 187

2019-12-11, 20:06 PM

I just want to add to the mass here and ask if there has been any solution added besides "reset the phone" "use safe mode" or "replace the battery."

I am 100% certain my Moto Z Force has experienced a significant drop in battery life. I use so few major or third party apps, and rarely use the phone while at work. Before a few days ago when I finally took the plunge into Oreo, my battery would last all day, and I'd go to bed plugging in my phone to charge up from anywhere from 20%-30% most days, occasionally but rarely single digits if I used it modestly on a weekend to check social media, make calls, or do emails. 

After updating, well today after taking my phone to work with me at 8am, I'm typing this out at 2:50pm after barely touching the phone and I'm at 30%, after coming to the conclusion that this battery drain the past few days I've been experiencing must have something to do with the update I just did.

This is my second Moto Z Force phone. I stopped using the first one after it was rendered Bluetooth-less after, you guessed it, a separate horrible security update gone wrong situation! Updated that one to Oreo too, same problem on that one, just didn't put the pieces together after it happened to this phone as well and I realized it couldn't be a coincidence.

This is so frustrating. I've not only invested in two phones now that are now unreliable, but a few Moto mods as well that are useless without staying tethered to this product line. 

Granted I'm a few generations behind, the Moto Z Force was a great phone and aside from the Bluetooth issue on my first phone, this second one has lasted me quite a while with minimal issues, until now. I've been tempted to just spring for the Z4 now that it's on sale at Best Buy for $10/month, but I don't know if I'm setting myself up for another future disappointment and should just spring for a Galaxy or something. 

Please, somebody tell me something reassuring here. I know there are so many more important things to worry about in life besides a cell phone dying too quickly, but this is the world we live in, and occasionally I really need to rely on my phone being powered up so I don't miss an important phone call or email in this fast paced crazy world we all grind away at. I swear, I wish smart phones were never invented and we didn't know what we were missing. I really do! 

Options

0 Posts

02-19-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 187 of 187

2020-02-19, 8:03 AM

From my experience, it's not a software issue.

I got my Moto Z battery replaced from authorized service centre and the device is working perfectly fine now (SOT of 3-4 hours).

I'm based in India and the cost for the repair was around 1500 INR.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete