Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonny_ks
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,116
Message 1 of 12

Moto Display Dark Hours gone?

When I first got my Z a couple days ago, I had the option under Display in the Moto app to set "dark hours".

After installing the latest system update & updating apps, I can't find the option anymore.

Was it removed?

I was looking forward to that ability. I prefer to have my phone screen up at night, but the slight light that comes from Moto Display makes it hard for me to fall asleep. I had the same issue with phones with a notification LED.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,072
Message 2 of 12

Re: Moto Display Dark Hours gone?

here is a shot of what it used to look like and i can confirm that this feature has been removed on mine as well and looks to have been removed. I will see if i can get a Moto rep to comment on this for you.

dark.png

jonny_ks
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,072
Message 3 of 12

Exactly! And here's what it looks like now...

Screenshot_20160914-215704.png

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,036
Message 4 of 12

@jonny_ks wrote:

Exactly! And here's what it looks like now...

Hi. The feature was taken out of the Moto app -- we were not notified in advance so I had to look into this. We'll try to do a better job of letting folks know when things change like that. 

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
jonny_ks
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,033
Message 5 of 12

Thanks Matt!

Anywhere we can request the feature be returned?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,027
Message 6 of 12

I am not 100% on your perfect setup but if you look on Play there are many high rated screen and time related apps and maybe one will solve your needs.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,025
Message 7 of 12

@jonny_ks wrote:

Thanks Matt!

Anywhere we can request the feature be returned?

Happy to pass it on. 

It's my understanding that generally these things go away because of low usage. I assume this is the case here.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
jonny_ks
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,023
Message 8 of 12

Yeah. I might look. I was hoping I wouldn't need another app.

Setting the phone screen down has sufficed for my last couple of devices, but I still prefer to have it screen up, especially with the front facing speaker.
jonny_ks
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,023
Message 9 of 12

I figured as much, but doesn't hurt to ask. Smiley Wink
radsaq
HDMI
Views: 1,002
Message 10 of 12

@jonny_ks wrote:

When I first got my Z a couple days ago, I had the option under Display in the Moto app to set "dark hours".

After installing the latest system update & updating apps, I can't find the option anymore.

Was it removed?

I was looking forward to that ability. I prefer to have my phone screen up at night, but the slight light that comes from Moto Display makes it hard for me to fall asleep. I had the same issue with phones with a notification LED.

Did it actually work like this? I think it was only supposed to affect the 'breathing' of moto display, but the software on the Z devices has never done that anyway.

(Or maybe I have it backwards. But I don't recall this feature ever working the way I expected it to on any of the Moto X devices.)

Top Kudoed Authors