Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
optimxr
Blue Screen Again
Views: 372
Message 1 of 4

Moto Z Android Oreo 8.0 update destroys all Google Playlists

Following the Android Oreo 8.0 update, all my Google Play Music playlists show “0 songs”. 
The playlists titles are still in place and all the songs are still available as a full list but all playlists have no songs.
Short of re-building all the playlists, I’m hoping someone has a solution or way of recovering my playlists using Google Play Music app.
Any suggestions?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 306
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto Z Android Oreo 8.0 update destroys all Google Playlists

Hi optimxr,

Thanks for posting. Please check if the app is updated in Playstore. If so, kindly check if playlists will show in Safemode. It's still a good thing that all songs are still available, so you can recreate the playlists that were gone. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears

Let me know, thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

optimxr
Blue Screen Again
Views: 293
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your response, Rich. I did go to Safe Mode and checked my playlists but no change, they all show 0 songs. Interestingly both the Albums and Artists do show songs and they are working normally. I can't understand why the playlists are empty but everything else in the Google Play Music app is OK. Is it possible that the links to each song are kept on the Internal memory where the system update took place?

All my tracks are stored on the CD Card(external storage) so maybe the playlists links were moved or modified in the Oreo update. Any other thoughts before I start the tedious task of re-building all my playlists(16 total)?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 279
Message 4 of 4

Hi optimxr,

Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I have no idea what could be the cause of this issue. It could more likely be an app issue. Try to uninstall the app and reinstall it to see if your previous settings will be back the way it was before. If then I guess we have no choice but to recreate those playlists. Let me know, thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors