Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 777
Message 11 of 18

Re: Moto Z Droid device freezes and restart randomly

@kiwox wrote:

Ok, thank you. I added the information there.

I was researching all over the night about this, I think it is related to a wifi driver issue. Now I'm seeing lot of people reporting similar issues after update to Nougat. 

Thanks.

Are you sure you set your Motorola Privacy settings to on? We're not seeing what we would expect to see.

We'll see what we can learn from this, but again we have to caution you that we don't support devices out of region. 

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
kiwox
Punch Card
Views: 770
Message 12 of 18

Let me add extra information. 

I'm seeing the freeze is by sure happening when I play a YouTube video. It happens any time, even when I'm just navigating settings screens, Play Store catalog, and so on. But every try to see a YouTube video (I was trying to see possible solutions), it just freezes and restart after some seconds of video. 

That makes me think that if this is a wifi issue, could be related to some hard use of them. During video playback, wifi should take more resources, and can lead to this bug. 

I'm remembering that also when I see the bug using Play Store, was when I set some applications to install. That means another hard use of wifi, because there where ~10 apps pending to download. 

kiwox
Punch Card
Views: 769
Message 13 of 18

Yes, privacy setting are on. 

Maybe this user account is not the same as Motorola ID I set on the phone. I'm using microsomalia@gmail.com as motorola ID on the phone. 

I know you don't support devices outside US. For that reason I spent $400 extra to $600 I did to purchase my device. I supposed that technicians would repair my device when they have it there, but they decided to return without even make this test I'm doing now. 

Sorry, but I feel like I'm doing more research than technical support with my device in hands. 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 763
Message 14 of 18

@kiwox wrote:

Let me add extra information. 

I'm seeing the freeze is by sure happening when I play a YouTube video. It happens any time, even when I'm just navigating settings screens, Play Store catalog, and so on. But every try to see a YouTube video (I was trying to see possible solutions), it just freezes and restart after some seconds of video. 

That makes me think that if this is a wifi issue, could be related to some hard use of them. During video playback, wifi should take more resources, and can lead to this bug. 

I'm remembering that also when I see the bug using Play Store, was when I set some applications to install. That means another hard use of wifi, because there where ~10 apps pending to download. 

Interesting. This makes me want to ask -- if you turn off wifi and use data instead, does the bug disappear?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 762
Message 15 of 18

@kiwox wrote:

Yes, privacy setting are on. 

Maybe this user account is not the same as Motorola ID I set on the phone. I'm using microsomalia@gmail.com as motorola ID on the phone. 

I know you don't support devices outside US. For that reason I spent $400 extra to $600 I did to purchase my device. I supposed that technicians would repair my device when they have it there, but they decided to return without even make this test I'm doing now. 

Sorry, but I feel like I'm doing more research than technical support with my device in hands. 

Sometimes there is a lag in the data coming in. It's based on the IMEI, not the account, so I'll just keep checking it.

We're going to take a look at this. Just letting you know that our options are limited.

kiwox
Punch Card
Views: 756
Message 16 of 18

I tried few days ago to run on carrier network only, and the problem was also happening, but the issue is the same. 

I will make that test again and send you a bug report, and also a device logs from Android debug. 

kiwox
Punch Card
Views: 745
Message 17 of 18

Here is a bug report for the freeze+reset while using LTE only, wifi turned off.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6XzHZvcVCNseXZ0VXhCb0JLN1k

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 731
Message 18 of 18

@kiwox wrote:

Here is a bug report for the freeze+reset while using LTE only, wifi turned off.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6XzHZvcVCNseXZ0VXhCb0JLN1k

Thanks. Kind of cuts the legs out from under the wifi bug theory, but the engineers should be able to help.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors