Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeadErnie
What's DOS?
Views: 589
Message 161 of 168

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

I'm still on 7.0 and am having this battery issue. Phone shuts down at 40-60% battery. And I lose that much charge using the phone for 15 to 30 minutes with the screen brightness all the way down and Bluetooth, WiFi, and GPS off.

Darkmemento
Fanfold Paper
Views: 556
Message 162 of 168

Moto Z user.

How are they getting away with letting this issue just go and have said nothing about it?

My phone was perfect up until a while back when I got an update and since then has been having all the issues described in this thread, showing random battery amounts, shutting off while showing near full charge and often when I turn it off showing 90% plus it comes on showing less than 10%. I thought it was related to some third party app. So I spent half a day factory resetting and reinstalling apps manually that were only the essential ones only to discover the same bloody problem.

It is clearly an issue on their side-effecting huge numbers of customers and they are doing nothing about it. People need to start making a fuss on social media and pointing to the numerous threads all over the internet describing the exact same problems. 

It is an absolute disgrace that this thread is marked as solved and that Motorola is not saying anything about this issue.

JasonLenovo
SCSI Port
Views: 545
Message 163 of 168

I'm just checking in after having given up on my Moto Z Droid due to battery drain almost 2 years ago. I can't believe Motorola never addressed the issue. A lawsuit really should have been filed. 

Highlighted
Darkmemento
Fanfold Paper
Views: 520
Message 164 of 168

They must have absolutely no business sense and no idea how much this issue has hurt them in saying nothing. Market share with these phones was low and they found it hard to shift as a flagship when it launched. The phone itself though is amazing and I loved it. You build a customer base and brand loyalty from that point through people using your amazing product and wanting to buy future iterations. They have completely screwed that whole generation of users who will probably never buy a Moto product again. I know I would have certainly bought my next flagship device from this range but given the issues and the way it has been handled by the company I will never buy another product from Motorola again.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 467
Message 165 of 168

Hello Everyone,

If you are experiencing incorrect or inconsistent battery level, quick battery discharge, slow or erratic charging speeds, or sudden power off or rebooting, a battery calibration could correct the problem.

To perform a battery calibration:

1. Force reboot the device by holding the power button until the device reboots
    (For the moto z3  hold volume down + power to force the reboot.)
  2. Plug into the supplied charger
  3. Charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after getting to 100%

We also recommend doing a full factory data reset without restoring apps. Backup your files before doing the reset. But don't restore/reinstall any files/third-party apps. Observe your phone without any apps installed and see if there's any improvement. 

To perform a factory data reset:

Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Darkmemento
Fanfold Paper
Views: 457
Message 166 of 168

The fact that the support staff just continue to post those stupid blanket responses shows just how little Moto care about customers. They just cause more ill will, not that it seems Motorola seem to care. 

Hutch1979
Paper Tape
Views: 452
Message 167 of 168

Rich from moto/lenovo support, don't waste your time. The many many people with this problem has already been through you steps, suggestions and whatever else you want to say and nothing works! At this point, we all know that it's just a run around while moto/lenovo are just silently saying "screw the customers, we got their money and that's all we care about." Its sad to see a brand that used to be top in their business fall to such low standards of customer care. Many, myself included, will NEVER own another moto/lenovo product.
Saltwaterrecord
Paper Tape
Views: 434
Message 168 of 168

Stop with misleading suggestions like this.

Top Kudoed Authors