Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saltwaterrecord
Paper Tape
Views: 1,211
Message 91 of 157

Re: Moto Z randomly shutting off.

Stop with the calibration nonsense already! I also did the factory reset, safe mode, even had my battery changed and it didn't fix the issue. At this point, replying with the same tired tropes is creating more ill will. Suffice to say, I switched brands-- I really liked the Motorola software and truly wanted to stay with you but your support is non existent. 

Mag555
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,115
Message 92 of 157

Still need help with battery Moto Z Droid

This major battery drain is very upsetting and is not what I would expect for new equipment that is only 1 year old. This battery issue has been going on for many months and continues to get worse. I have done what was suggested via this forum.....check apps for battery useage, re-calibrate the battery, restart in safe mode, backup and factory reset and so on.......nothing works. This is obviously a issue with a defective product and or system update. This issue is a wide spread problem for people all around the world and the only solutions given by support is to factory reset or to re-calibrate the battery. I likely had been able to get my phone repaired within the warranty period if I hadn't been given nothing but garbage replies from support, and mark my topic as "Solved" before confirming if my problem had really been solved or not. I can only wonder the cost of the repair for this clearly defective equipment I was and thousands of others around the world. This is my third Motorola phone that has developed battery issues after a system update. If this issue is not taken care of, this will be my last Motorola or Lenovo product I will buy ever. Again, this is not how a new device should be after only one year of less than normal useage.

Any suggestions to help before I replace this phone with another competitive brand?

Jason Brown
Mark021170
Paper Tape
Views: 1,017
Message 93 of 157

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

This is so not solved.....thousands are now complaining of the self same issue...my phone is just 1 year old and so sending it for repair means you will charge me.....yet my phone was fine up until this bloody update .... Some people have changed the battery and yet the problem continues and you dare to say it is solved ..... Will you be paying for a new phone as this so called premium level phone is an excellent paperweight but as a phone you have managed to render it useless. 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 933
Message 94 of 157

I hope the future update is coming in this month (I see 1 update every 3 months) and repair the problem of erratic battery level, or else I need to send the smartphone for replace the battery, but after Motorola will not see my money for a new smartphone!
Terptime
Paper Tape
Views: 905
Message 95 of 157

It appears Motorola will be losing a lot of customers (me too) but be careful and check up on the new brand before you switch. 

The rest of my family has Apple, ugh...

LNCJ
What's DOS?
Views: 744
Message 96 of 157

Moto Z Droid boot up/battery issues

Yesterday my Moto Z was fine, today it has completely gone nuts.  Upon trying to boot up, it just shows a blinking blue Moto screen. AFter much troubleshooting, I was able to do a factory reset.  Everything seemed fine, then the battery started draining, about a % a minute.  The battery had a full charge, within 6 minutes it was at 93%.  I plugged it back in, it went to 84%.  I left it a bit, turned it on, it was at 77%.  I turned the phone off for an hour, it charged. I came back, turned it on, THE BLUE MOTO SCREEN GLITCH WAS BACK

Yesterday this phone was fine!!!   I am so frustrated.  This is my 3rd Moto Z Droid.  I got the current one in January.  The replacements are only under a 3 month warranty (a joke) and now another $150 for a 4th Moto Z Droid in less than 2 years?  No thanks, that is throwing money away.  

crazzeto
Fanfold Paper
Views: 747
Message 97 of 157

My thoughts on the new brand is very simple -- "communial wisdom". While I've had my differences with Samsung, I can't help but notice they own about 80 to 90% of the android market. With that in mind as soon as I am able I will be purchasing a Samsung galaxy next. Motorola, I want you to know this. Other than  a few (blessed) years with a Nokia Lumia Icon I had been a very steady Moto / Android customer. I've owned the Moto Droid 2, Bionic and Razr. Moving over to the z2 Force edition seemed like a no brainer. It had an attactive design and a 4 year unshatterable screen. It even performed well, what was not to like? This self shut down, and the companies refusal to acknowlege this as a very serious issue is very dissapointing.

Mark021170
Paper Tape
Views: 743
Message 98 of 157

My phone died in the end....now it won't even turn on.....so I have switched over to a new phone. So good bye Motorola.....and thanks for nothing 

dianamc62
Fanfold Paper
Views: 699
Message 99 of 157

@Mark021170 wrote:

My phone died in the end....now it won't even turn on.....so I have switched over to a new phone. So good bye Motorola.....and thanks for nothing 

I have done everything they want, even restored my phone and did not install anything.  Let it sit the entire day doing nothing and the battery dropped 50%.  I then added one App and then it completely died within minutes.  Sirius XM.  I even have locations turned off, no google accounts updates etc and it still died.  I charge it overnight even and within minutes of unplugging it is completely dead and shuts down.  Motorola, why do you insist it is not your issue and claim on all of these other forums regarding battery issues that this is resolved?  That is a lie.  This has been going on with mine for at least 6 months or more.  I had to pay for an early upgrade with my carrier and I am out $250 bucks for that and switched to Samsung because at least they own up to things if they have caused an issue.  Something Motorola/Lenova refuses to do.

crazzeto
Fanfold Paper
Views: 618
Message 100 of 157

Update on my situation --

Literally nothing I did could fix the problem. I got despreate enough to go into the Android system menus at boot time to see if there was a cache partition or something I could clear. No such luck. Today I finally broke down and bought a Mophie attachment for my phone.

Now it's been less than a day but my phone hasn't rebooted once in four hours. Compare that to most of today when my phone was basically non-functional because it could not even stay booted long enough for Android to finish starting up. Again, I can't know how this is going to shake out, but I'm hopeful I'll have a usable phone again. This is great news because my only other option is to go back to my 2014 Nokia Lumia Icon which I did love, but it's long in the tooth now. 

If you're in a position like me, where the idea of having to find some way to buy a new phone only 12 months into your Moto Z series I highly recommend looking into the possibilty of using the Mophie Moto Mod. It might really be your ticket to getting a functioning phone back, at least for some time.

Top Kudoed Authors