Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miteshpc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,419
Message 41 of 159

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

The web is full of these issues, it seems. I have the same problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Battery-drains-and-random-shutdowns/m-p/4015779/highlight/...

miteshpc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,455
Message 42 of 159

Isn't this surprising that a perfectly working phone is rendered useless by an update and just because the phone is out of warranty, the customer has to suffer through all the hassle. That too, without any explanation as to why an update to a phone would require battery/phone to be repaired?

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 2,286
Message 43 of 159

Hello,

My wife and I are now experiencing this battery drain issue. We have removed all apps that we had downloaded after purchasing these phones but did everything else that has been recommended but the issue is still going on. We were good until the last update a few weeks ago. Is anyone at Motorola looking more into this issue or is it just getting looked over? This is VERY frustrating I would like to know if ANYONE is working on a proven solution?? 

jonshipman
Punch Card
Views: 2,135
Message 44 of 159

@Anonymous_Userwrote:

Hello,

My wife and I are now experiencing this battery drain issue. We have removed all apps that we had downloaded after purchasing these phones but did everything else that has been recommended but the issue is still going on. We were good until the last update a few weeks ago. Is anyone at Motorola looking more into this issue or is it just getting looked over? This is VERY frustrating I would like to know if ANYONE is working on a proven solution?? 

I believe the proven solution is a new battery.

NS_37
What's DOS?
Views: 2,077
Message 45 of 159

My Moto Z has 7.1.1 and I am scared this might happen to me. Phone is fine now with noticable change in battery operation. My wife has the same kind of phone and hers is like all the others in this and other threads. I am typing this on mine right now as I found this thread looking for an explanation and hoped for a fix online. Hers is sitting here ''dead". When I plugged it in and turn it on it suddenly had 40%.

mopardriver
Paper Tape
Views: 1,989
Message 46 of 159

The best solution is to start complaining to your carrier. Call Verizon or AT&T Sprint and hassel them and they will get tired of hearing complaints and force Moto to do something about it or quit selling their junk.

dalesandry
Paper Tape
Views: 1,968
Message 47 of 159

This is definitely a software issue cause I can go into Fastboot mode and it says the battery is fine and I can sit there for hours without it shutting off as soon as I boot into the OS it says battery is 1% left and shuts down but I can go back in to Fastboot and it says the battery is good. Not a battery issue definitely an OS software issue. This is unacceptable especially since I had to have this phone replaced 2 times under warranty for another known issue and now it is out of warranty. Class action??? There are so many people having this problem and Moto is not owning up to it. 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,903
Message 48 of 159

I just had the battery replaced in my Moto Z Droid and the problem has been solved. Technician feels its just bad batteries.
scphil
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,655
Message 49 of 159

jonohanson
Paper Tape
Views: 1,590
Message 50 of 159

I had a similar issue, phone shutting down at random points, turning off an back on would result in a huge battery drop. I installed an app to measure the battery capacity and it was showing at just 700mah!!  The app is Accubattery and works great.

Anyway I had my battery replaced and this has resolved the issue.

I was out of warranty (12 months), but I complained to head office via letter and was fixed FOC.  Intersting note, Moto increased the warranty (UK at least) to 2 years mid way through production!

Top Kudoed Authors