Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corerwh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,988
Message 51 of 168

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

@scphil wrote:

Solution : Do an Offline update and do a full battery cycle .

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z/Moto-Z-extreme-battery-drain-after-7-1-1-update/m-p/4058818/high...

Your solution says it is for Verizon customers. How would a non-Verizon customer do an offline update? Has anyone tried an offline update with much success?

BoIlIv
SCSI Port
Views: 1,906
Message 52 of 168

forget it - NO solution
BoIlIv
SCSI Port
Views: 1,905
Message 53 of 168

better buy new device and make sure it is NOT moto/Lenovo! or use one of your old Motorola Original (like me), Cheers!
Alainn
What's DOS?
Views: 1,865
Message 54 of 168

I am having the same issue with my Moto z as well. However mine usually does at 50% and when I plug it in the charger it will say that it's round 35% charge. I also updated to the newest update and didn't have issues until than. 

geoffgibbs
What's DOS?
Views: 1,863
Message 55 of 168

Adding my name to the list of those with issues. Moto Z frequently shuts down when displaying battery level anywhere between 50 and 30 percent.

Only really happened since the Oreo update.

bimpirate
What's DOS?
Views: 1,687
Message 56 of 168

Your repair is quoted at $150. And your repair time has been shown to be weeks! This is very poor customer service for a problem that was not caused by any one of us. If you can't get updates right are we sure you can make competent phones?

D__S
Paper Tape
Views: 1,036
Message 57 of 168

Same here. I dont want to be conspiracy theorist but there is something going on with these devices. Me and wife bought two Moto Z Play droids in June 2017. I was lucky that just 3-4 days before the first year, my phone started giving the issue with automatic restarts and finally stopped working altogeather. I went to the Verizon store and as I was still under warranty (barely), they submitted a request for a replacement. Of course no data was recoverable. 

And just 20 days after the warranty, the same issue is happening with my wife's phone. I dont know who is responsible - Google or Lenovo but its unacceptable to pay 400 USD for another device considering there is nothing that we have done to break it (dropped Or handled it badly - infact have put silicon case, screen guard etc etc). Really wish that there is investigation to find the reason behind it.

Motodeadhead
Paper Tape
Views: 1,033
Message 58 of 168

Nothing works! We tried every fix published. Verizon store told me these phones are the worst! There is NO fix and Motorola does not care! Bought a Google XL...costly problem had been solved.

tecnicofigueroa
Paper Tape
Views: 967
Message 59 of 168

cordial greeting good night, I am trying a solution in which a few moments ago I observed my motorcycle at 3% battery and it did not turn off which caused me some joy, my phone turns 24 months in next December, there is some possibility of having in true result later this same day I notice what happened

bklvrT
What's DOS?
Views: 905
Message 60 of 168

This problem is not solved!

No matter the % charge, shuts off erratically and randomly as if battery died. When plugged in again, it may be near that original power percent, or near dead. At first only happened after Tumi wireless battery MotoMod ran out of charge; now it happens whenever, even when it's plugged in.
I have tried reconditioning battery; startup in safe mode; clearing all caches; factory reset. Nothing fixes it.

Unfortunately, my phone is past warranty.

Top Kudoed Authors