Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nemothemoho
What's DOS?
Views: 1,219
Message 61 of 168

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

Yeah, same for everybody. These phones fail shortly out of warranty and Moto does not care. Clearly a problem with the phone but they will happily charge you more money to fix it.

Rcookie
Paper Tape
Views: 1,120
Message 62 of 168

Batería errática en moto z desde actualización 8.0.0

Mi moto z se le acaba muy rápido la batería  aún que tenga pila se apaga y lo tengo que está cargando a cada rato y cuando lo conecto ala corriente me dice que tiene más de la mitad de la carga esto paso cuando me avisaba que tengo que actualizar y ya se actualizo al android 8.0.0  habrá alguna solución para este problema 

Kendricks
Paper Tape
Views: 1,098
Message 63 of 168

I think I have solved this issue for my Moto z force.  I went into my settings. Then went to battery and turned off apps running in background .I also turned my brightness on my phone.  Phone no longer run hot and have lasted the longest in about 3 months. 

dianamc62
Fanfold Paper
Views: 977
Message 64 of 168

@nemothemoho wrote:

Yeah, same for everybody. These phones fail shortly out of warranty and Moto does not care. Clearly a problem with the phone but they will happily charge you more money to fix it.

Yes, what a scam.  They jerked me around for weeks and won't do a thing.  They even said that I accept full responsibility for whatever may happen to my phone when I accept their updates.  Nice customer service.  They won't acknowledge their is an issue, just like to blame the consumer.  I have been forced in to an early upgrade and had to pay to get a new Samsung S8 to replace this crappy Moto Z.  What a waste of money on a phone and a MOD.  I loved the phone, but the battery issue.....is a major issue.  Get it together Motorola/Lenovo.  You are shameful.  The way you are handling this is beyond ridiculous.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 960
Message 65 of 168

Hi Everyone,

I would love to help. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

CM10
What's DOS?
Views: 893
Message 66 of 168

Hi Rich,

I have the same issue where my phone has been shutting off repeatedly and when the battery has plenty of life left in it according to the display.  In my case, it seems to be that the phone shuts off either when it is receiving a text message or when I am trying to make a voice call.  I hear the text message notification sound, for example, then go to unlock my phone and it shuts itself off before I ever get to the text message.  Then it won't power back on unless I connect the charger.  Yet, when I finally get it powered up, it is showing 50% or more battery life.

I will be updating my profile with current phone, carrier and serial number, and will also make sure that the options are turned on under Settings > Motorola Privacy.  And yes, it is ok for you to look at my apps on my phone.

Thanks,

Cal 

dianamc62
Fanfold Paper
Views: 865
Message 67 of 168

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I would love to help. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Since I have been forced to pay an early upgrade fee with Bell to get a brand new phone, I will have to do this settings request once I get home on the phone that is now sitting in a drawer and update what you have asked for above.  By the way, I fully charged the other day, then turned on to try and at least use the SiriusXM app with my Bluetooth speaker and the battery said 38% when I turned on??

dadney
Paper Tape
Views: 815
Message 68 of 168

Just did all that, and yes you can look. It is incredibly frustrating to only be able to utilize 20% of your battery before it decides to shut-off at 80%, and I absolutely can't wait to pay the price of a new phone from a different company instead of have this happen for the third time. 

booeyboy
Paper Tape
Views: 786
Message 69 of 168

Moto Z Droid keeps shutting down without fully booting.

Initially it would just go black. When I rebooted battery indicator showed about 4% battery left even if it was 100% or anywhere else. I have tried clearing cache and using software repair assistant along with virus protection apps to no avail. Back when it was working part of the time I managed to run it all day in safe mode with no problems. I tried uninstalling some recent apps to no avail.

Now it won't even fully boot before it restarts over and over again. Cannot get into safe mode as far as I know without booting up first but I can't.

Chrizpy72
Paper Tape
Views: 758
Message 70 of 168

Re: Moto Z Droid keeps shutting down without fully booting.

Ive been having battery issues also. Most of the time I have to have the phone plugged into the charger to start it. have you tried with the phone plugged in?

It seems like a battery connection issue I almost wonder if the connectors are having corosion issues on the contacts. like a car battery the connection is good enough to get the lights on but when it need real juice it fritzes out.

Mine starts booting up but when its time for all the fancy startup images it either reboots or dies and the battery meter is all over the place.

Top Kudoed Authors