Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shreeky
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,161
Message 71 of 159

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

Sadly Moto G Play does the same thing... I have had my phone for a yr and a half, it started shutting down on me anywhere from 30%-64% battery life ever since around Christmas time but has gotten worse. Now my phone is starting to get hot(which that nvr has happened until AFTER this last security patch update back last week)... yes I have tried the methods mentioned and none nvr worked... but you want to know something pitiful... this SAME ISSUE has happened with my last Moto phone which was a Moto X that I had for 2 years. The Moto X started that when it updated to "Marshmellow" and also started getting REALLY hot... So when I got my Moto G Play I was giving your company 1 more chance on a personalized phone that I ordered from your website just like I did with the Moto X. I am so sick of my phone doing that same crap that my Moto X did that I WILL NOT be buying another Moto phone again! Now if only my job would do the same with Moto's hand held for retail businesses because they do the SAME dang thing that my phone does! Pitiful and no I am NOT paying someone to repair my crappy phone I will just get myself a new phone elsewhere....

MzReBeLgUrL
What's DOS?
Views: 1,000
Message 72 of 159

My phone started this after the Prep update. Now if my phone rings the screen won't light up. Now I am waiting for my replacement phone.

NanaV
Fanfold Paper
Views: 955
Message 73 of 159

Why does this say solved when it clearly isn't? When 2 people have the same phone in the same household and both phone suddenly start acting up, it is not apps or failed phone. It has something to do with the updates! This is my 3rd Moto z in less than 2 years...all have battery failure after installing an update! How long does it have to go on before Motorola actually finds a solution? This has NOT been solved. Sending it for repair or replacement is NOT a solution!

dianamc62
Fanfold Paper
Views: 889
Message 74 of 159

@Shreeky wrote:

Sadly Moto G Play does the same thing... I have had my phone for a yr and a half, it started shutting down on me anywhere from 30%-64% battery life ever since around Christmas time but has gotten worse. Now my phone is starting to get hot(which that nvr has happened until AFTER this last security patch update back last week)... yes I have tried the methods mentioned and none nvr worked... but you want to know something pitiful... this SAME ISSUE has happened with my last Moto phone which was a Moto X that I had for 2 years. The Moto X started that when it updated to "Marshmellow" and also started getting REALLY hot... So when I got my Moto G Play I was giving your company 1 more chance on a personalized phone that I ordered from your website just like I did with the Moto X. I am so sick of my phone doing that same crap that my Moto X did that I WILL NOT be buying another Moto phone again! Now if only my job would do the same with Moto's hand held for retail businesses because they do the SAME dang thing that my phone does! Pitiful and no I am NOT paying someone to repair my crappy phone I will just get myself a new phone elsewhere....

Already switched to good old reliable Samsung (forced to pay for early upgrade) and I can only use the Moto Z for music apps while plugged in.  The minute i unplug it after full charge, it drops to 35% within minutes and is now getting very hot as well after the "latest update".  Come on Lenovo, get it together and acknowledge what you have done and replace peoples phones.  I would at least like to use with the speaker mod I bought!  What a waste and a shame that they keep ignoring us.

AquaBlue05
SCSI Port
Views: 867
Message 75 of 159

Indeed there something fishy going on with the Moto updates that has caused or is causing frequent damages related to the battery.

Battery issues should be limited to 5-10 users but when it is being observed globally that clearly means Moto have deployed something wrong in their updates but are not taking the ownership of this mess.

Moto is continuously giving lame excuses and putting blames on the users itself for not handling the devices properly.

Pathetic support and worst Moto management.

Regards
AquaBlue05
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 864
Message 76 of 159

Hi Everyone,

I understand that we'd like to get this fixed. We can try to perform some troubleshooting steps to help us determine any software or hardware related issues. I would recommend doing the factory data reset without installing any third-party apps. We need to observe the phone without any third-party apps installed. I would suggest observing the phone for at least 24-48 hours. If we're still having battery discharge and power cycle issue, then it could more likely a hardware issue. I would suggest sending the phone for repair.

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

CM10
What's DOS?
Views: 860
Message 77 of 159

Hi Rich,

You entered a post on 7/27/2018 requesting certain information from individual users in order to troubleshoot.  I provided all the requested information you asked for in your 7/27/2018 post when I replied with my own post on 7/30/2018.  I have not heard anything from you further or seen any applicable posts to date.  When I don't see any responses and have provided all the information you requested, what am I supposed to do next?

Thank you,

Cal

NanaV
Fanfold Paper
Views: 850
Message 78 of 159

And this is exactly the response that I'm talking about! It started after an update! Everyone else says the same thing. I am fed up with having to wipe my phone because of bad updates. This is my 3rd phone! All Moto zs! Battery failure after updates on every one of them! Did factory resets on every one of them before having to replace. Developers need to fix this...not the customers!!!
AquaBlue05
SCSI Port
Views: 834
Message 79 of 159

No Motorola/Lenovo Management will never accept the discrepancy on their end, but we all customers are well aware that it is the updates that has caused such a big mess globally.

Literally these updates have ruined several millions of handsets across globe.

Entire Management and higher officials are all sleeping, because they have already sold their product and who cares what's happening after sale.

Regards
AquaBlue05
at_track
Paper Tape
Views: 653
Message 80 of 159

I've had the same issue that's been getting rapidly worse for a couple months. I'm now at the point where my phone will often shut off above 90% charge. I'm stuck with constantly keeping it plugged into a power source which I'm sure is devistating the battery. A cache purge and factory reset have proven ineffective solutions and I'm very reluctant to pay a sizeable fee to Moto/Lenovo to repair an issue that is by all indications their fault. Given that this has apparently been happening to customers for over a year, it seems most sensable to move on and purchase a Pixel or something from a company with a better track record of correcting their issues. 

Very dissapointing conclusion to my first venture into Moto phones. I was very optimstic given I've had wonderful experiences with Lenovo laptops and tablets for years. It's a shame they haven't been able to transfer that high quality to Moto after the aquisition. Good luck to everyone who's still hunkering down and trying to wait things out. Hopefully you can all at least make it to your contract updates and avoid paying a few $100 for a new phone purchase.

Top Kudoed Authors