Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AquaBlue05
SCSI Port
Views: 1,109
Message 81 of 159

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

Entire Moto/Lenovo team including management, higher officials, developers are all busy in launching the new handset models. 

Their motive is to find next bunch of customers and make them fool by selling their shhitt product. No words to say about the WORST AFTER SALE SUPPORT.

ALL THOSE WHO ARE MAKING THEIR MIND SET TO PURCHASE MOTO THINK NOT 1, NOT 2 or 3, BUT THINK MULTIPLE TIMES, BEFORE WASTING YOUR HARDWORK MONEY INTO MESS. 

CHECK ALL THE FORUMS, WEBSITES, GOOGLE FOR THE CUSTOMER FEEDBACK ON THE MOTO PRODUCTS, SERVICE CENTERS, AFTER SALE SERVICES, ETC....THEY ARE FULL OF CUSTOMER ANGER, PAIN and FRUSTRATIONS...

Regards
AquaBlue05
Saltwaterrecord
Paper Tape
Views: 1,028
Message 82 of 159

My battery drain hasn't been fixed. Tried factory reset, battery calibration, even a new battery-- nothing has worked. Was forced to buy a new phone, and as much I like Moto software features, chose to go elsewhere. Really disappointed, phone was less than two years old. Would be happy if a fix came along so mods could be used on wifi at least.

Mark021170
Paper Tape
Views: 821
Message 83 of 159

Having the exact same problem.....the phone just randomly turns off....it may have 40% battery .....then the next time it does it it may be at 20%.....it is totally random.......what are you going to do about it....

joebarnickle
Paper Tape
Views: 835
Message 84 of 159

Moto Z Phone Shutting Off / Erratic Battery Discharge refused warranty

About some time ago my Moto Z started to shut down unexpectedly during usage like Camera, Whatsapp etc.

After rebooting the phone the battery level was very low.

I sent the phone to the Motorola Service Point after contacting the Motorola support in Germany, because my phone is in the warranty period of 2 years.

After the checking routine through the Service Point I got a message that the battery will not be replaced according to the warranty conditions because the display glass of the phone has a small crack and I have to pay nearly 360,- € for the battery and display replacement.

This behavior of Motorola Service is a joke especially this battery issue is wellknown and I'm not the only Moto Z owner with this problem.

So I have to warn everybody never do the same mistake as I did and buy a Motorola phone. Unfortunately this is not the only Motorola phone in my family and I'm waiting for the next annoying episode. I definitely will never buy a Motorola phone again.

AquaBlue05
SCSI Port
Views: 720
Message 85 of 159

Re: Moto Z Phone Shutting Off / Erratic Battery Discharge refused warranty

Guys!

Just started a Tweet war now...

Tagging all tech sites to tell the real picture of Moto/Lenovo...

Please like, comment and retweet...tagging all possible media sources related to mobile and technology...

Great idea...i have done it on Twitter..Hope that others will also do the same...

Here is the link to like, comment and retweet....more spreadings will have more affect...

https://twitter.com/manishkul05/status/1045903487463231488?s=19

Regards
AquaBlue05
joebarnickle
Paper Tape
Views: 681
Message 86 of 159

My common advice is NEVER buy a Motorola phone. The behavior of Motorola is disappointing their customers.

buckeyedirect
Paper Tape
Views: 642
Message 87 of 159

Re: Moto Z randomly shutting off.

Would love to hear a solution that works. This has been happening the moment I got the phone. I take pristine care of my phone. No rhyme or reason as to when. Random and at different points of use, but always at the worst time.

scphil
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 604
Message 88 of 159

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 600
Message 89 of 159

Hi Everyone,

I understand that you'd like to get this resolved. We recommend doing a battery calibration on this matter. To calibrate the battery, hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate. If the issue persists then this could be a battery related issue. We recommend sending the phone for repair.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

dianamc62
Fanfold Paper
Views: 595
Message 90 of 159

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I understand that you'd like to get this resolved. We recommend doing a battery calibration on this matter. To calibrate the battery, hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate. If the issue persists then this could be a battery related issue. We recommend sending the phone for repair.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Is this a joke?  Really?

Haven't you honestly had enough at this point?

Just be up front, honest, and do the right thing Motorola/Lenovo and quit getting your Techies to read from the "Script"  It isn't "helping" anyone.  Reading "all" the forums on battery issues, randomn shut downs etc.

Top Kudoed Authors