Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ox2
Punch Card
Views: 2,157
Message 11 of 54

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

I PM'd one of the moderators and sent them links to the videos I shot.  It's pretty clear there's a problem with the phone.  If a fix, or the update to Oreo, doesn't come soon the phone will be sold as-is and I'll move on to another manufacturer.  This has been going on for over a month and I can't wait much longer.

neoxid501
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,124
Message 12 of 54

Well. it's happend at least SEVEN TIMES in the last five days. I'm almost certainly going to be contacting Motorolla for support  (or Verizon since I'm still paying off the phone). I actually have more than just the one screenshot I've attached, but this one I best illustrates it. From 50% to off and 0% IMMEDIATELY.

Most of the time the phone will die when the Moto Mod still has charge so the phone will just get topped up, but in this instance it ALREADY DIED THE SAME DAY. So I turned it back on, then it drains the Moto Mod and it turns off leaving me without a phone. Thankfully I have a power bank and was able to get the screenshot.

neoxid501
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,077
Message 13 of 54

Unfortunately I'm at the point that Bubly is at where I can't even keep my phone off a charger without it dying within the next 5 minutes. I'll definitely need a replacement phone now, and needless to say I'm super disappointed that such an expensive phone has had its battery die on me sooner than my previous cheapo one that's still working 5 years later Smiley Sad

Utkarsh232
Paper Tape
Views: 2,065
Message 14 of 54

I can see the Green tab on this thread Saying 'Solved ! Go to Solution' but when i click on that i am unable to find the solution or any feed from Motorola Support. Please help if any one have idea. 

neoxid501
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,062
Message 15 of 54

Sorry about the confusion, but the solution that I found was that there was no solution and the only real fix is to have it repaired. It seems to be a hardware problem (not software, so safe mode/factor resetting won't help). Unfortunately I'm out of warranty by 4 months (which btw really is just awful, a flagship phone dying 4 months after its warranty ends).

Since I'll probably end up taking it in for repairs I'll post again saying exactly what the problem was but unfortunately outside of trying booting into safety mode, clearing your cache, and doing a factory reset it seems the problem hsa to do with the internals in the phone.

Utkarsh232
Paper Tape
Views: 2,059
Message 16 of 54

Hi, I don;t think so it will also work but you can try. As i had already tried and given for repair they had  formatted the phone and change the battery but as soon as 2 months warranty of new battery ended it start behaving like nuts again as it was same before. But you can check if you get it resolve. All the best ! Will wait for your next post.

dalesandry
Paper Tape
Views: 1,952
Message 17 of 54

This is definitely a software issue cause I can go into Fastboot mode and it says the battery is fine and I can sit there for hours without it shutting off as soon as I boot into the OS it says battery is 1% left and shuts down but I can go back in to Fastboot and it says the battery is good. Not a battery issue definitely an OS software issue. This is unacceptable especially since I had to have this phone replaced 2 times under warranty for another known issue and now it is out of warranty. Class action??? There are so many people having this problem and Moto is not owning up to it. 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,888
Message 18 of 54

I just had the battery replaced in my Moto Z Droid and the problem has been solved for me. Technician feels its just a battery issue (cheap batteries)
Veljo1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,808
Message 19 of 54

Since we know now that nobody is working on solution for this long running problem can we do anything to start posting about Lenovo/Motorola aproaapp to problem with their software on various social nedia so other people have better feeling what to expect if they buy this piece of "technology"

We can add info on unbelievable speed on the software update...that usually comes a year after everyone else is done...

NT1977
What's DOS?
Views: 1,753
Message 20 of 54

I am having this issue as well.  I now use an external battery because that is the only way I can use my phone when not plugged into the charger.  It is a nuisance!  I spent good money on this phone, and this is a serious issue.  It started about a month ago just occasionally shutting off when fully charged and only when I went into certain apps, now I cannot do anything, even answer a call, unless my phone is plugged into a wall charger/external battery.  I love my phone so much and was so excited with the Z2 came out, so I could upgrade at the end of my contract, then this started happening.  Which begs the question - is this similar to the Apple issue with them purposely slowing down old phones?!?!  New phone comes out and now all the issues come forward...leaves me wondering.

Top Kudoed Authors