Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaloRiv
What's DOS?
Views: 1,373
Message 21 of 54

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

I have had exactly the same issues. I just ran out of warranty and the phone basicly stops working. I wil never buy a Motorola/Lenovo Phone again. I had the Moto X first gen and it had the same problem after a year of use. This issue is consistent in motorola phones.

markwalner
What's DOS?
Views: 1,290
Message 22 of 54

no, not an isolated problem. I'm having the same issue. may be moving on from Motorola after 4 generations of Moto's. Maybe the acquisition by Lenovo will be its downfall.
Veljo1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,286
Message 23 of 54

Problem solved....

Samsung 9 is doing fine for now

Jrag
What's DOS?
Views: 1,272
Message 24 of 54

I had the same battery issues. Verizon and Motorola offered nothing except factory reset. I did several of those. Motorola offered to replace phone if I gave them 250$ which they promised to give back when I sent in old phone. That's terrible service .I moved out of state and when I was scoping out my new town looking for real estate the Moto Z finally died and would not power back. I had no GPS and was lost. I drove until I found a Verizon .Gentleman there was helpful but, had no ideas. I just paid for a new phone.  Never again with Motorola.   This phone was never dependable. And here is further proof...when I bought my new phone Verizon offered me 48$ trade in for the Moto Z. A one year old smartphone??  I had an old water logged iPhone that was badly damaged and Verizon gave me 150$ for it in trade in. Moto Z is junk.  Motorola knows it and so does Verizon.  I tell everyone to stay far away.  ALSO, NOTICE THE TONE OF TECH SUPPORT RESPONSES HERE...very sugary sweet and so caring...cause that's all they got .

djeniuss
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,244
Message 25 of 54

My Moto Z started this battery issue after updating to Oreo. It was working fine until after the update. I wish I could downgrade to Nougat. I can't use my phone anymore without PowerBank plugged into my device or a wall charger.

Juanraul
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,189
Message 26 of 54

Hello neoxid501. 

I would like to know if you repaired your phone and if you could solve the problem with the battery?

Best Regards,

Juan.

Juanraul
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,189
Message 27 of 54

Hello neoxid51.

I would like to know if you repaired your phone and if you could solve the problem with the battery?

Thanks,

Juan.

LaloRiv
What's DOS?
Views: 1,184
Message 28 of 54

In my case the official Motorola Service in Mexico Told me the logic board is damaged and the phone is now trash. It has no repair.

neoxid501
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,021
Message 29 of 54

Unfortunately no. I didn't bother with the battery replacement after reading a few of the other message boards complaining about the same problem.

If your phone is still under warranty get a replacement and don't let it update it's Android software to 7.1.1 is my understanding (not all Moto Z's batteries will die, but to be safe I wouldn't).

If you aren't under warranty then you're in the same boat as me, and I chose to just buy another phone. Sorry :/
JayGatz25
Paper Tape
Views: 904
Message 30 of 54

This is the same problem that I am experiencing with my kids' phones. I have 2 of them that I still have 6 months left to pay on and both of them have this issue. I am attaching a screenshot from each hoping that someone can figure this out. The second one is obviously worse since it has only been unplugged for 3 minutes and, with 97% charge, will only last about another hour. This is incredibly sad given the really high battery specs that they were sold with. False advertisement if you ask me!

Screenshot_20180613-121029.pngScreenshot_20180613-121112.png

Top Kudoed Authors