Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,128
Message 41 of 54

Re: Moto Z Erratic Battery Discharge/Phone Shutting Off

Same issue I am observing right after the OERO update. There must be a bug that is causing the batter malfunction and for that we are paying for the repairs and battery replacements. Before Android 8 everything was perfect with my handset.

Jack-Prall
What's DOS?
Views: 1,096
Message 42 of 54

Having the same issue. Battery says anywhere from 70- 40 percentage and phone shuts off and says 1 percent. Was fine until the last Motorola update

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,067
Message 43 of 54

This is very clear that the Oreo update is having an unknown bug which is causing battery drain and malfunctioning issue.

Still this is very strange that the Motorola is not accepting all this officially and making money from all the customers that are going for a repairs (out of warranty).

Very pathetic support from entire Moto team. I also had the same issue.

My battery was changed but again within 03months my mobile is completely dead and not coming up at all.

My biggest ever mistake of life that I have chosen Moto leaving Sony.

Swe_Gi
Paper Tape
Views: 939
Message 44 of 54

I have the same issue, Motorola support tips and trics have done nothing to resolve the issue. I bought My Moto z about a year Ago. Battery Life was never great, however after Oreo update I have a pimed Up landline in Moto z.

I hope for a replacement by motorola

PranayKhatri
Fanfold Paper
Views: 937
Message 45 of 54

I have the same issue,and i went to S.S. First SS guys only tood formalty and format it.but problem no solved second time when issue persist the i went to SS again this time they format using computer but issue is not solved.After 10 days they change battery but issue is not solved.

After 2-3 days they change the motherboard of the mobile but till now issue is not solved and Motorola has not idea how to repair so they are replace my mobile . They offer me moto z2 play which cheap mobile compare to moto z and i am not happy with this exchage,And team of motorola precerize me to take this offer otherwise they will colse all my issue in india.Now I file case against motorola let's see what happen?

dianamc62
Fanfold Paper
Views: 896
Message 46 of 54

@Anonymous_User wrote:

This is very clear that the Oreo update is having an unknown bug which is causing battery drain and malfunctioning issue.

Still this is very strange that the Motorola is not accepting all this officially and making money from all the customers that are going for a repairs (out of warranty).

Very pathetic support from entire Moto team. I also had the same issue.

My battery was changed but again within 03months my mobile is completely dead and not coming up at all.

My biggest ever mistake of life that I have chosen Moto leaving Sony.

Completely disgusted and they deserved to be sued over this.  I have left my phone charging over night many times.  The minute I unplug it the phone says 100%....it drops to 35% within a couple of minutes.  It is now a useless landline.  I have done everything except a factory reset because as you read on here, that doesn't help either.  Come on Lenovo/Sony....get it together.  Acknowledge the issue and fix the phones for everyone, not just the people still under warranty since you caused the issues.....clearly!!  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 870
Message 47 of 54

Hi Everyone,

I understand that we'd like to get this resolve. We can try doing the factory data reset without installing any third-party apps. Just go to Settings > type Factory Data Reset on the search bar. We need to observe the phone at least a whole day without any third-party apps installed. If the issue persists then it could be a hardware issue that needs to be repaired. I would suggest sending the phone for repair. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Gracelyne
What's DOS?
Views: 742
Message 48 of 54

I have been having this same problem and I need my phone for work. Having it shut off at a crucial time is not helpful. Motorola!!!! Fix it!!! This didn't happen to me until the last update in, July. 

DirkL
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 591
Message 49 of 54

Yes! I think the best way is to use sozial media and post it were ever you can.

I have a YouTube tech Kanal and will make a video about it.

But it is more efficient if everyone that has the same problems uses her own sozial media and tell others what happens when you buy a phone from Motorola/Lenovo.

DirkL
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 592
Message 50 of 54

Use #LenovoStayFarAway
With a short story that tells your
Lenovo problem and post it on Telegram Twitter Facebook and what ever you want.
Let us show them the power of social Media.
Top Kudoed Authors