Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmyers22
Paper Tape
Views: 272
Message 1 of 3

Moto Z Force camera takes forever to take picture

My Moto z force takes a ridiculous amount of time to take a picture.  Was a general issue for me before but now trying to take photos with children is impossible and even adults step away before it snaps the picture. Can't find any settings to change but this is completely unacceptable so looking for any help. Thanks!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 236
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto Z Force camera takes forever to take picture

@Mmyers22 wrote:

My Moto z force takes a ridiculous amount of time to take a picture.  Was a general issue for me before but now trying to take photos with children is impossible and even adults step away before it snaps the picture. Can't find any settings to change but this is completely unacceptable so looking for any help. Thanks!

Hi, Mmyers22.

Sorry about the issue, please go to settings >> apps >> camera >> clear data/cache >> Uninstal any update >> reboot your device >> install any update if received >> test the camera and share us your observation.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Rosm2004
SCSI Port
Views: 175
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto Z Force camera takes forever to take picture

I found that this was an issue only after the recent update (not sure when the update occurred - maybe a few weeks or a month or two ago). Pictures were taking at least a second or two, maybe three, to capture and the subject would invariably have given up or changed pose. I uninstalled the update and reverted to the original unupdated default camera app. Capture is practically instantaneous. Also see this thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z/Something-happened-to-the-camera-app/m-p/4096499 

Top Kudoed Authors