Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reedtrav
What's DOS?
Views: 3,291
Message 1 of 13

Moto Z Insta-share projector as Second Screen

Can I put in a request that the next software update allow the phone/projector to be recognized by a laptop as a projector and hence can be used as a second screen?

We are re-watching Game of Thrones with friends in preparation for Season 8, and it would be handy to be able to play the show on our TV (linked to a laptop) as well as being projected to a second wall. I realize I could have the TV and phone/projector do this independently, but when we inevitable have a lag in the bandwidth for one of them, they will no longer be in sync and half the room could be 2-5+ seconds ahead of the other people. When I plug my Moto Z into my computer my options are basicically just to charge the phone or exchange pics/files, but nothing about the projector. Alternatively, if the software update could allow the phone to broadcast onto a laptop or TV it is plugged into and run the show off the phone (rather than running everything from a laptop), that would work, too. But this could pretty well help make the projector even more kick-booty. :-)

Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,202
Message 2 of 13

Re: Moto Z Insta-share projector as Second Screen

Hi reedtrav

Thanks for your feedback! We will share this along with the team. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

reedtrav
What's DOS?
Views: 3,163
Message 3 of 13

Thank you so much, Ella!

Rhcev6
Paper Tape
Views: 3,078
Message 4 of 13

I need the projector mod to be seen as a second screen as well but for a business reason.  I want to be able to run Google slides and see the presenter view on my phone and the presentation using the projector.

I also would use the second screen as a Chromecast type of setup so that I can turn my phone screen off and use the phone connected to a remote desktop as a PC with a USB kb/mouse connected to the phone via a USB3 hub.

FirstTry001
What's DOS?
Views: 2,155
Message 5 of 13

Has there been anything done to get this feature? I really like the thought of using my phone as a second screen to my computer. Although there are many programs to do so, the latency is horrible, and I believe that an official update for it would be best. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,110
Message 6 of 13

Hi FirstTry001,

I personally like that idea. I can only imagine how useful it could be. Thanks for your feedback though.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

TimWashington
What's DOS?
Views: 1,673
Message 7 of 13

Yes, I also would like to be able to use my business laptop and project using the Moto Z projector mod. This would be very useful.

imazman2
What's DOS?
Views: 1,140
Message 8 of 13

Yes I too would find it very valuable if I could use my Insta-share Projector on my phone to project my laptop screen.  My scenario is to be in a conference room which does not have a projector and be able to project my laptop screen to the wall via my Moto Z projector...in fact my screen is actually a Remote Desktop Session.

Highlighted
jimcapraro
Punch Card
Views: 975
Message 9 of 13

Use this app - free trial with limited time display - $3.99 to purchase: CastReceiver

App turns your phone into a chromecast receviver. Your phone will appear in your Chromecast list along side other chromecast devices on your wifi network. Once you select your phone in the list your Chromebook display will be mirrored on the phone.

imazman2
What's DOS?
Views: 969
Message 10 of 13

Followed your link, installed the app, it worked perfectly.  Thank you so much for the link.   Paid for full version!

Top Kudoed Authors