Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheAB
Not applicable
Views: 255
Message 1 of 4

Moto Z Microphone only works in the camera app

My mic on the Moto Z isn't working even after a reset. It only works when I'm using the camera app. If I try using Google Assistant, any recording app, etc., it doesn't work and all I hear is hissing and a small crackling sound.

This is my new replacement phone. Does Motorola test its devices? You send someone a new phone because the other broke because of YOU, and the one you send in is broken? Last time I buy anything from this "company".

Agent_Rich
Not applicable
Views: 250
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto Z Microphone only works in the camera app

Hi TheAB,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to know about that. Have you tried testing the mic on Device Help? Just ope Device Help app > Fix > Hardware > Microphone. Let me know Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

TheAB
Not applicable
Views: 242
Message 3 of 4

Same problem.

Agent_Rich
Not applicable
Views: 186
Message 4 of 4

Hi TheAB,

Thanks for trying. Looks like a hardware issue. Please try doing a factory data reset. If you have important files kindly back them up so you won't lose any of it. I would suggest not to reinstall the third-party apps right after doing the reset to make sure it's not an app issue. Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors