Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

02-11-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto Z and the Mod Cameras

2021-06-26, 2:50 AM

I bought a Moto Z when they first came out in 2016. it started to have battery drain issues within 2 years, and I had it replaced while still under warranty. the battery on the new MotoZ deteriorated also, but I bought some mods batteries and thought that would do. last winter I bought a Mod 360 camera. when I attached it to my phone, it did a couple of wild spin-arounds and stopped working. I returned the camera but afterward - and from then on - my Moto Z did a complete battery drain the moment I unplugged it from the charger.

I can't find anyone to replace the battery and still wanted to use my Mods, so I purchased a Moto Z3 Play. it's a heavy, clunky phone without the slim grace of my original Moto Z, but I thought I could still use my battery mods and the $200+ Hasselblad Mod camera. unfortunately, the minute I attached the Hasselblad, the screen went black and the phone shut down. no matter what I did, nothing fixed the problem, and in addition, the regular phone camera stopped working also.  I'm able to exchange the Moto Z3 Play, but I'm wondering what's the point?

Has anyone had any luck with the Moto Z series or are they as bad as Motorola/Lenovo seem to think? they've removed any trace of the series from their websites and even deleted my Motorola account (twice) so I would have no record of my purchase. has anyone been able to make these cameras work? how, please? I've blown over $1000 on this crap and am really disgusted with myself for spending even more money on the 3Z Play

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Moto Z and the Mod Cameras

2021-06-26, 17:13 PM

Hi cookiezz,

I'm sorry to hear what you've experienced and we would like to help. We would like to know if you have other mods and if you have tried them on the Moto Z3 Play? We would suggest to try updating your Moto Mods Manager in the Google Play Website before attaching the camera mod. The reason why the Moto Z series is removed from the Motorola website because the phone is no longer being sold. We can still check if you made a purchase from our website by sending us your email that you used to make a purchase through private message (Click on my profile and you will see an option to send me a private message).

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms