Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMBandMan
What's DOS?
Views: 728
Message 1 of 2

Moto Z Not finding any wifi networks.

I've had my Moto Z for 23 months, it just recently updated to Oreo and still worked fine. Yesterday I was using it as normal at home. It was on a charger for about an hour and when I picked it up, it was not connected to wifi. I went to connect to my home network and there were no networks detected.

I've tried the following (not in this order) with no change...

Restarted my cable modem and router (twice)

Restarted the phone (multiple times)

Booted phone in safe mode

Tried other networks (mobile hotspot, school guest)

Reset phone to factory

Resetting the phone to factory really tells me that there is a hardware issue. After doing the reset, it still says it is searching for a wifi network, but never finds one. I was also getting Bluetooth errors during the initial setup. Sometimes, if I leave the phone searching for a network and then wake it back up, it will show some of the expected wifi networks, but then the list quickly disappears and it can't find any. Other than the wifi, the phone appears to work.

Is my phone toast?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 643
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto Z Not finding any wifi networks.

Hi TMBandMan,

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the steps you've taken. If you already performed factory data reset without restoring any third-party apps right after doing the reset, and the issue persists, then it could be a hardware issue. It's better to have the phone check by our technicians and have it repaired. You can see your warranty repair options here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support