06-20-2018

US

10 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 1 of 7

Moto Z Replacement phones are junk!

2018-07-08, 7:30 AM

I have now had my FOURTH replacement phone for about 2 weeks and already am experiencing problems. My ringer volume is set to Max and Vibrate but the phone did not ring or vibrate wnen I received a call today. I have had a Moto Z for about two years and never had one working correctly for longer than a month or two. I give up. I'm not going to bother getting a 5th REPLACEMENT phone. After 5 Moto Z's, I thought that at least ONE would work properly. Motorola just keeps sending junk replacement phones to "honor" their warranty!

Options

10984 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1136 Signins

154175 Page Views

• Views: 154175
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto Z Replacement phones are junk!

2018-07-09, 21:00 PM

Hi Packfan821,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to know about that. I'd like to verify are you only hearing the ringtone/notification sound after a few seconds? or it's not ringing at all?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

06-20-2018

US

10 Signins

120 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2018-07-10, 0:49 AM

It wasn't ringing and didn't vibrate with the the ringer set to max volume and the vibrate turned on. Just wondering exactly HOW MANY Droid Z's do I have to get before you send one that works???  It's been FIVE so far. It really doesn't matter because I've given up on Motorola doing honoring their warranty with a WORKING phone and will be buying a QUALITY brand  instead off eBay. 

Options

10984 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1136 Signins

154175 Page Views

• Views: 154175
  • Message 4 of 7

2018-07-11, 21:59 PM

Hi Packfan821,

Thanks for confirming. Does it also do the same thing with playing music/media? I would suggest booting the phone to safemode to see if there would be a ringtone there. Let me know.

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.

2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears

4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.

6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.

*** Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

06-20-2018

US

10 Signins

120 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2018-07-12, 3:22 AM

I talked with the head supervisor of Tech Level Three today. I informed her I'm unwilling to spend any more time and effort in resolving problems with the fourth different replacement phone Motorola has sent. I had a new problem today. I was sitting in my recliner (stationary - not a rocker) with the newest replacement phone on the wide arm of the chair next to me. Suddenly the flashlight came on. I have no ide why or even care any more. I have followed the suggestions of tech level three members with the original Moto Z and with each of the first three replacement phones Motorola sent me. I've done everything from starting the phone up in safe mode to doing complete factory resets on each of the phones. Trying to work with a company like Motorola that DOES NOT stand by their warranty is no longer worth the effort. According to the supervisor, I should be appreciative of what Motorola has been trying to do with sending me multiple replacement phones even thought the original factory warranty was for only one year. My response to her was that during that first year and subsequently, Motorola never honored the warranty with a WORKING replacement phone. Apparently Motorola should state in their warranty that they do not guarantee that the replacement phone they send will actually work for more than a couple of weeks. Each replacement phone Motorola sent  had problems that were diagnosed and worked on by tech level three personnel and in each case it was determined that the replacement phone was defective. The diagnosed problems were NOT the same except that they all were intermittent. The phone might work fine for a weekor two, and then not work for a few days. Other times the phone would work early in the day but not at night or vice versa. In any case I could never count on the Droid Z(s) working when I wanted to use them. 

As I said, I will spend no more of my time, effort, or gas money in trying to work with Motorla. It's not worth the energy I have had to put into it. I have spent hundreds of hours over the last two years with Motorola trying to diagnose, test, repair, and finally replace multiple phones.Since I live alone, I have had to take a vacation day FOUR times in order to sign for replacement phones that later proved to be defective. Early on when trying to get the original Moto Z working, I drove to the corporate Verizon store over 10 times to see if they could help resolve the phone's problems (38 miles one way). I;m tired of trying to deal with Motorola so I already purchased a used QUALITY BRAND phone (obviously that means NOT a Motorola). It should arrive Friday and hopefully will last until Black Friday when I will get a new phone (again - NOT a Motorola).

Options

3 Posts

11-15-2018

US

3 Signins

146 Page Views

• Views: 146
  • Message 6 of 7

2018-11-15, 10:28 AM

Didn't mean to hijack your post OP, ended up longer than I expected..

Had to make an account just to post so there's at least a record of this BS.

I was going on my 3rd Moto Z Droid for various issues: bluetooth, SUPER SLOW processing speed (that one was weird), and the latest was battery related>The phone was plugged in and charging with battery level at about 20%. Phone did feel warm, but I was like OP, with this phone it's this or that or SOMETHING wrong.. already at my wits end to care anymore. As it's always getting hot for no apparent reason. Come back 5 mins later, the phone still plugged in but with balcl screen and very hot. I unplug, but it's too late. The phone is COMPLETELY unresponisive, and I've tried EVERYTHING (believe me, computer wont even pick it up via USB), tried everything short of opening it up. Not that all this isn't messed up already paying $600+ for a lemon. 

I have assurian (wasnt worth it IMO) the insurance process is a huge headache btw. Told them how this is a known issue with this phone (TAKE NOTE HERE MOTOROLA/LEVENO, EVEN THE INSURANCE COMPANY ACKNOWLEDGES THIS IS A KNoWN PROBLEM!!!) they were kind enough to replace with a Samsung s7 edge. 

Now, in order to have that S7 covered, I have to send back the defective moto Z. ...in this day and age, with what little privacy we have left only a fool would send their device with ALL their info on it, becAuse I can no longer access the Z; the battery dead, motherboard toast or something else.  Assurian CSR said they erase first thing, but there is no way to prove or guarantee that.

To keep the moto Z would be $150, the cost of deductable.

So overall I paid for about 2 yrs of extended assurian insurance. For it not to even matter due to the $150 to keep the moto Z BRICK just to protect from potential future identity theft.

Let's not forget the useless MODs I have as well.

I'm never buying a Motorola product again. This phone has brought a 2 year long ordeal of headaches and problems no one olshould have to deal with IF it's a REPUTABLE company and especially of their flagship phone. 

The worst part about all this is Motorolas response... NADA.  No attempts to rectify, or even acknowledge ANY of these issues. It was the first release of a flagship phone with a cool mod feature world has never seen, of course bugs/problems/kinks gotta be worked out, your customers including myself would have understood if at ththe VERY least it was acknowledged and steps to rectify where attempted..but nope...y'all acted like the shady guy with the the stuff that fell off the back of a truck. Or a 5 year old..

Please understand, this is not an attack... if anything its disappointment... as a consumer, after going through all this with what is essentially your top of the line product.. what are we supposed to think or end up feeling? 

Personally,  I feel like I got ripped off by a used car sales man and wish I could travel back to that day in the verizon store when I was between either the google pixel but choose the moto z.. and tell myself, dont do it.

Options

25 Posts

04-27-2017

DE

77 Signins

580 Page Views

• Views: 580
  • Message 7 of 7

2018-11-19, 18:47 PM
SL13 wrote:

I have to send back the defective moto Z. ...in this day and age, with what little privacy we have left only a fool would send their device with ALL their info on it, becAuse I can no longer access the Z; the battery dead, motherboard toast or something else.   

The internal memory of your phone (with Android 8) should be encrypted with your Google account password. I would advise you to delete the phone from your Google account (myaccount.google.com/device-activity) and you should be safe, if your phone was previously password protected.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete