Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Csherlock
Fanfold Paper
Views: 788
Message 1 of 18

Moto Z - Upgraded Oreo ver. 8.0 - Battery W not Charge - Fast Drain

Hello 

I upgraded the Moto Z with the new version 8.0 Oreo ~ 36 hours ago.  ( Today is Sunday 5-27-18)   Extreme battery drain.  Cell phone will on re-charge if the phone is "OFF".   Cell phone will NOT charge while it is on.  Will not charge connected to the automobile while it is on.  Will not charge in the home office connect to a wall.  

I would like to reverse the Oreo Upgrade, as the phone was working fine prior.  

• Battery Drain - This morning after having the phone turned off all night and charging - went to church--- cell drain from 100% to 89% in 90 minuyes.
  • Battery Stated I had only 5 hours of power remaining.

I am very disapointed that a OS release is published and it breaks the phone!  

In the last 15 minutes, the cell battery has degraded from 89% to 80%.  

This is my peronal and work phone.  I need to be able to charge it on the run...from any elecrical source.  Car, Home Office, Office.  

I am in need of a some help.  

My profile is up to date.  Support has permision to look at me phone.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 739
Message 2 of 18

Re: Moto Z - Upgraded Oreo ver. 8.0 - Battery W not Charge - Fast Drain

Hi Csherlock,

Sorry to know about that. I appreciate your explanation and thanks for updating your profile. I wouldn't certainly say that this is caused by the upgrade. Let's try to focus on your installed applications first, I'm seeing that Outlook is crashing most of the time, please uninstall it for the meantime and observe the phone for a couple of hours. Make sure other apps are up to date in Playstore. Get back to me for any improvements. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Csherlock
Fanfold Paper
Views: 729
Message 3 of 18

Thanks for the quick reply. I will uninstall Outlook and observe as you indicated.

Csherlock
Fanfold Paper
Views: 713
Message 4 of 18

I have deleted some apps.  Attempted to unistall Outlook.  But it is not (Outlook) uninstaled.  After deleting a few apps i was not using anymore...i could charge the phone to 100%.   Please keep this ticket open as i observer and attempt to delete outlook again.  

@Csherlock wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I will uninstall Outlook and observe as you indicated.

Csherlock
Fanfold Paper
Views: 712
Message 5 of 18

Got a pacakge installer notification .."Uinstaling Outlook Unsuccessful 

@Csherlock wrote:

I have deleted some apps.  Attempted to unistall Outlook.  But it is not (Outlook) uninstaled.  After deleting a few apps i was not using anymore...i could charge the phone to 100%.   Please keep this ticket open as i observer and attempt to delete outlook again.  

@Csherlock wrote:

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 688
Message 6 of 18

Hi Csherlock,

Is everything good? Should we still need to uninstall the Outlook? If everything seems to be normal again, there's no need to uninstall the Outlook. In regards to the error, are you trying to uninstall it from the Playstore? We can try to do it in the Settings > Apps > Outlook > Uninstall. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Csherlock
Fanfold Paper
Views: 680
Message 7 of 18

Things have improved.  I deleted a number of apps that i was not useing and i uninstalled the free anti virus software that was installed.

The phone is not consuming battery as much as it did this weekend.  The charging aspect of the phone is off a little.  This morning i was able to charge it while it was "on".  Perviously, I could only change it if it was "off".   

I discovered today that I could not connect to Blue Tooth.  ( odd developemnt )  I have blue tooth on and the car which normally recognizes the phone could not find it.

Are you still "seeing" that Outlook is crashing?  

Can you tell me what was the route cause of the problem?  

Did the available space on the phone or lack there of create this issue when the Oreo upgraded?  

Csherlock
Fanfold Paper
Views: 670
Message 8 of 18

Unfortunately - The battery will no charge.  It is at 35% now.   

rebotted 3 times.  the usb is not being recognized when i plug in the power.  I am not seeing the "z" inside the battery symbol...which tell you the charge is happening?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 652
Message 9 of 18

Hi Csherlock,

That's very odd. Could you please uninstall the Waze App I think that app is affecting the bluetooth connectivity. Also, reset your network settings. Go to Settings > Reset > Network Setting Reset. (This will erase all bluetooth and wifi connection. Once done kindly restart your phone and try connecting your bluetooth again. 

Yes, I'm still seeing the outlook crashing. Although it does a little than the previous days. I'm still suspecting your installed third-party apps are the root cause of the issue. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Csherlock
Fanfold Paper
Views: 623
Message 10 of 18

Hi Rich:  I uninstalled "outlook" and I uninstalled Waze.  took out a lot of apps i was running.  Can you take a look when you can?   I need outlook on my phone for work.  Hoping I can re-installed in tomorrow.

C

Top Kudoed Authors