Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Csherlock
Fanfold Paper
Views: 303
Message 11 of 18

Re: Moto Z - Upgraded Oreo ver. 8.0 - Battery W not Charge - Fast Drain

also i reset the network settings a few moments ago.
Csherlock
Fanfold Paper
Views: 303
Message 12 of 18

There is an App on my phone called CQA Test.  I have no idea why it is on my phone nor what it does.  Can i disable it.  I can not delete it?  Cant find anything on the forums

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 282
Message 13 of 18

Hi Csherlock,

CQA Test is enabled when you dial a code with your phone, but if it's an application you're referring to I'm not really sure what's that application. You may be able to see CQA Test in apps settings but it's not necessarily an application. It's used for some testing by developers. Is there any improvement in the battery? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support
Csherlock
Fanfold Paper
Views: 269
Message 14 of 18

Thank you Rich:

Getting back to the battery drain ..... outlook has been deleted from the phone.  I reset the network as you indicated and I was able to use Blue tooth today.  

I will need to re-install out look on the phone.  Is there anything I need to do?  I dont know what I am asking....like did the new Oreo OS take up more space than I had?  And resulting in apps misbahaving?  

Was outlook crashing my problem? Will I have the problem again if I reinstall out look? 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 254
Message 15 of 18

Hi Csherlock,

If it fixes the issue after uninstalling the outlook, then it could be the main cause of the issue. Though, I think it's far from being correlated with the Oreo update. You can try to reinstall the app again and if the issue persists it could be the app issue. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Csherlock
Fanfold Paper
Views: 219
Message 16 of 18

Hello Rich:

I will go back and then re-install and let you know.   I'll update you by end of day tomorrow

Csherlock
Fanfold Paper
Views: 194
Message 17 of 18

Hi Rich:

Things where going well until today.  

The phone will not charge. 

USB connection is tightly installed on each end.  

The USB is connected to my Lenovo Docking Station.

Observed Behavior - At Lunch I tried to go to the internet and watch Youtube - YouTube sight was locked.  However, I could "search" the internet for new items.  When i would go to Youtube.com - the landing page would appear and I could not scroll up or down.  It was just locked.

Observed that my battery was not charging even though it was installed with the USB.  

Since it "seemed" that to uninstall Outlolok to work lat time- I did that again.  No impact.  I also restarted the phone a few time. 

Could any advice?  

Connie

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 166
Message 18 of 18

Hi Connie,

Thanks for getting back to me. The charging issue is a different one we need to settle. Have you tried testing it with another charger? I would prefer the original charger for the phone instead. And in regards to the Youtube, I'd like to confirm, are you using the Youtube app? Can we check if the app is updated? I personally experience some issues with Youtube lately, though it's a different one from yours. Also, try clearing the cache and data of Youtube to see if it will help. Go to Setting > Apps > Youtube > Storage > Clear Data Clear Cache. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors