Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisaem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 646
Message 11 of 17

Re: Moto Z: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Battery Problems

Was there any resolution to this problem? I have the same phone and the same problems. I did everything from soft reset to safe mode to finally doing the factory reset. Still my Moto Z will not turn on Bluetooth, switches from WiFi to 4G constantly (not okay since I do not have unlimited data and it also causes interruptions in what I am doing), and when once my battery lasted all day, it now has to be charged several times a day. Since the factory reset, I continue to get a message that says Bluetooth Keeps Stopping, CLose APP,  and since I cannot "X" out of it, I have to restart my phone - which is downright frustrating

I continue to read that other MotoZ users have the same problems and Motorola's answer is to send in for repair. I do not like that option as I cannot be without my phone. I prefer the option of replacement with a new phone. My phone is in pristine condition - it looks just as new as the day I purchased it.  It is not lost on me that the Bluetooth issue started right after my warranty was up and the battery and WiFi issues started after the Oreo update. 

Just recently (Monday, July 9th) a friend of mine, who also has a MotoZ, purchased a new phone because the MotoZ issues were frustrating and since she needed the phone for work, did not have the option to send for repairs. I do not have the luxury of purchasing a new phone. 

What is the update on Motorola's response to the continuing problems?

rayyue300
Blue Screen Again
Views: 625
Message 12 of 17

Almost two months gone.

• Wi-Fi: Completely dead. Cannot even scan anything.
  • Bluetooth: Completely dead. Cannot scan anything.
  • Battery: Only ~50% effective battery. The phone shuts down at ~44%. Max 2-hour usage. 

Below are somethings that may be related to the issues:

• The phone becomes hot randomly sometimes.
  • Sometimes, the top of the back becomes hot.
  • Sometimes the bottom of the back becomes hot.
  • (Middle is usually fine)

I guess the circuit inside the phone get worse day by day.

May due to unknown software bugs or hurt from overheat before.

(Perhaps the thin design results in permanent damage from temperature rise when gaming?)

I think I am going to buy another phone instead of going to repair.

It is too costly and I belive the phone cannot work for long even after repair.

Lisaem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 611
Message 13 of 17

It is unacceptable  that Motorola continues to sell these products knowing that they are defective. This is the first time I ever had a problem with a cell phone with only 13 months into ownership. If Motorola would acknowledge the deficiency in the engineering of their product and work to correct it, I would consider purchasing another Motorola product. As it is currenlty, I would not only consider not buying a Motorola product, I will be sure to shout it from the mountaintops at work, in my neighborhood, at church, among my friends, and on social media. I have seen post after post on this forum about problems with this product. I also see several pages of complaints on the Better Business Bureau web page and the most common response from Motorola is to deflect the problem to the customer or to give a vague statement about taking care of it. I will be sure to not be duped when buying my next cell phone. I paid $749 for nothing. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 558
Message 14 of 17

Hi Everyone, 

Sorry to about this. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

rayyue300
Blue Screen Again
Views: 552
Message 15 of 17

Okay. I've set those before. Smiley Happy
Please let me know if I missed something.
Lisaem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 541
Message 16 of 17

It is okay to check my apps

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 518
Message 17 of 17

Hi rayyue300, Lisaem,

Thanks for updating your profile. I would suggest doing a full factory data reset, this way we can isolate the issue. To do so, kindly go to Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset. If you have important files, please back them up, so won't lose any files. I would suggest setting up as new to make sure no third-party apps will be reinstall. 

rayyue300, let me know if both WiFi and Bluetooth still won't detect any nearby devices.

Lisaem, let me know too if we're still having this Bluetooth error message. 

Looking forward. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support