cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackliu239
Fanfold Paper
Views: 905
Message 1 of 20

Moto Z droid... no wifi, no bluetooth, keep restarting, refuse to boot into safe...

My phone works well for the past 2 weeks since I got it, then all of the problem started 3 days ago.

It started with Bluetooth, I was able to connect it to my car, then suddenly it stopped working, now I can't even turn on the bluethooth at all.

Then the phone keep restarting itself every few hours or so on its own and it gets very hot with doing nothing.

This morning while I was in the process of sync my photo to google, phone suddenly restarted itself. After that, wifi stopped working.

Then again I restarted the phone, and look like the 4G LTE stopped working.

Now I try to boot into safe mode, and guess what? I'm looking at "Power Off" for about 20 minutes now.

I had the original Moto x, Moto X Pure and I liked what I say... but this phone... is one of the worst piece of buggy crap I have ever used.

update: I hold and press down the power botton for 20 seconds or so it shut off and I turn it on it went into safe mode.... Wifi and Bluetooth still won't work, so I don't think its an app issue, just buggy phone. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 895
Message 2 of 20

Re: Moto Z droid... no wifi, no bluetooth, keep restarting, refuse to boot into safe...

@jackliu239 wrote:

My phone works well for the past 2 weeks since I got it, then all of the problem started 3 days ago.

It started with Bluetooth, I was able to connect it to my car, then suddenly it stopped working, now I can't even turn on the bluethooth at all.

Then the phone keep restarting itself every few hours or so on its own and it gets very hot with doing nothing.

This morning while I was in the process of sync my photo to google, phone suddenly restarted itself. After that, wifi stopped working.

Then again I restarted the phone, and look like the 4G LTE stopped working.

Now I try to boot into safe mode, and guess what? I'm looking at "Power Off" for about 20 minutes now.

I had the original Moto x, Moto X Pure and I liked what I say... but this phone... is one of the worst piece of buggy crap I have ever used.

update: I hold and press down the power botton for 20 seconds or so it shut off and I turn it on it went into safe mode.... Wifi and Bluetooth still won't work, so I don't think its an app issue, just buggy phone. 

Since you tested safe mode and that failed, I would try a reset, and test before installing or restoring any apps. If that fails, service/replace is next step. 

I have GSM Z that has given me no issues, so it could just be the phone you received. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
jackliu239
Fanfold Paper
Views: 871
Message 3 of 20

Re: Moto Z droid... no wifi, no bluetooth, keep restarting, refuse to boot into safe...

And now the phone won't let me do a factory reset, I'm at the page "Confirm your pattern" I enter my pattern and it just.... stays there... doing nothing.

And now the phone refuse to Power Off on its own, I'm stuck on shutting down for about 20 minutes now.

Its pretty obvious that this phone is expericing some major problem.... and since I brought it off from a 3rd party, I don't know if this can be replaced.

cas1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 542
Message 4 of 20

My Moto Z Droid won't shut off, won't connect to WIFI. now I have a 700 dollar not so smart phone. It is just a month out of warranty. Something just happened to it, I think it was their last update.

Talked to customer service and they not only lied to me, they insulted me by saying the problem was in how I was using the phone. Really? The phone has never been misused.

I was  a long time motorola fan. but no  longer. I will never buy another motorola. Not sure what I am going to do.

I was told it can't be repaired? It is their fault.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 525
Message 5 of 20

Hi cas1218,

Thanks for posting here. Sorry to know about that. Let's try to get this resolved. I would like to confirm, is the power button pressable? Have you tried pressing and holding the power button? The "Power Off" should appear on the screen. Please try doing it while the phone is plugged into its charger. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

cas1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 523
Message 6 of 20

Thanks for any help Rich. Yes we have tried it both unplugged and plugged in. And I had the two techs at Costco working with it. The power off just spins and if left alone the the droid screen comes back up and then my screen.

The settings button will not work  and the wifi will not stay on.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 510
Message 7 of 20

Hi cas1218,

Thanks for the reply. That's weird. Did it turn off when you press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds? Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

cas1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 507
Message 8 of 20

Rich, Last night I let the phone die for a few hours. I have a mopie and took that off. When I plugged the phone back in, I had a hard time getting it turned on, held the power button for a long time. When it came on it immediately wanted to do an update. I checked the wifi, none, but it went through the beginning of the process and then said it was unsuccessful. The phone is definitely different. Checked the wifi...none...but all of a sudden I am getting news feeds.? And I tried to put my Y app back on and it took it. Could it have been saved by Verizon?

I will update my profile and would be glad for you to look at my apps...there are very few. Most of the stuff came with the phone,

Thank You,

carol

cas1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 503
Message 9 of 20

I put that info on my profile.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 479
Message 10 of 20

Hi cas1218,

Thanks for updating. I'm thinking if this is a software or a hardware issue. Let's try to isolate it by using the Verizon Upgrade Assistant. Here's the link to the instruction. Please let me know how it goes, thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors