cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cas1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 214
Message 11 of 20

Re: Moto Z droid... no wifi, no bluetooth, keep restarting, refuse to boot into safe...

Hi Rich,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. we have been working on my phone.

That was some process.

I called my brother and he came over and we followed the instructions on the Verizon site. It went through the whole process, initializing and updating. I thought it was a fix. Although it updated the software, the phone will still not connect to wifi or shut down.

Just to be sure, we double checked my wifi with his Moto Pure  and also with my tablet....works fine , just not on my phone.

It really looks like we are on the right track,but just can't get it to pick up wifi or shut down.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Carol

cas1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 213
Message 12 of 20

Re: Moto Z droid... no wifi, no bluetooth, keep restarting, refuse to boot into safe...

Just a note Rich, I have settings back.  and a circle with the time in the middle of my phoe that I didn't have before and a slide alphabet for apps.. these must have been parts of updates that I could noy get.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 200
Message 13 of 20

Hi cas1218,

Thanks for updating me. I'm glad that we're able to isolate the case. For wifi issue, can you check if the issue persists in safe mode? 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears

Also, make sure that wifi is set to high accuracy. Just go to Settings > Location > Scanning > Enable Wifi

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

cas1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 178
Message 14 of 20

Rich, we have tried everything to get the phone to power off. And since we can't do that we can't get to safe mode.
Is there another way to power off?
cas1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 173
Message 15 of 20

Rich, my brother finally got the phone to boot in safe mode, but we could not change the wifi. It took him a long time to be able to power off.

The phone is pretty much the same, I can't power off and I can't get wifi. You have been so helpful. Any other ideas?

Carol

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 160
Message 16 of 20

Hi cas1218,

Thanks for updating me. Is there any error message? Also, have you tried connecting to another hotspot? Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

cas1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 145
Message 17 of 20

Hi Rich,

Yes we did try a different hot spot. Several in fact. There is no way to power off the phone and no way to use the wifi.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 140
Message 18 of 20

Hi cas1218,

Let's try resetting your phone to its factory default settings to confirm if this a software issue. Here's the link to the instruction. Make sure that you toggle off Automatic Restore to make sure no third party apps will be reinstalled automatically. If you have important files, please back them up. I would also recommend to setup as new. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

cas1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 131
Message 19 of 20

Hi Rich,

Asked my brother to come over and do this again. We already did a factory reset.

We just redid the factory reset as per your instructions....and nothing. The phone has been erasing for about 2 hours now. Brother said let it go for a while longer to see what happens?

The phone will not power off and the wifi will not work.

BTW there has not been anything on this phone since our first factory reset except for the Ymca  app I put on to see if it would work. It also has not been on there since then.

Not sure what third party apps? None that I know of. Most of the things on my phone came with the phone...except Amazon/Audible/Kindle/Evernote/youtube/Pinterest....photos are on Google photos.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 115
Message 20 of 20

Hi cas1218,

Thanks for trying. I'm not seeing any software/apps related that could cause this issue and we already did full factory data reset but the issue persists, it looks like this is already a hardware concern, it could be the chipset is damaged. It would be better to have the phone checked by a technician and have it repaired. You can check your warranty repair options in this link. Let me know if you need further help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors