Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z
All Forum Topics
Options

25 Posts

04-27-2017

DE

77 Signins

580 Page Views

  • Posts: 25
  • Registered: ‎04-27-2017
  • Location: DE
  • Views: 580
  • Message 1001 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2018-03-24, 16:12 PM

wrote:

Yesterday I get Android Oreo on my Moto Z and now I hope that they fixed the battery issue and I hope that th new battery will hold longer than the original one.


Sorry for being off topic, but you've got the Oreo Update in Germany on a RETEU modell?

Reply
Options

1 Posts

03-25-2018

US

3 Signins

28 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎03-25-2018
  • Location: US
  • Views: 28
  • Message 1002 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2018-03-25, 0:38 AM

Adding my name to this list too.  Battery erratic, shuts down at 48%, 3%, 29%....not at all reliable.  When on, battery drains within 2-3 hours.  Reading through this thread for a resolution and it seems there is none.  Has anyone started movement for a class action?  For a product that costs ~$600+, I expect it to last longer than 14 months.

Reply
Options

30 Posts

01-30-2018

US

48 Signins

473 Page Views

  • Posts: 30
  • Registered: ‎01-30-2018
  • Location: US
  • Views: 473
  • Message 1003 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2018-03-26, 13:07 PM

wrote:

wrote:

I do not work for Lenovo or Motorola. I'm a user like yourselves. I buy my own phones too. I also use other brands as well. Know before you speak and make yourself look foolish,


Ok, maybe smart MOTOXXPRT Eagle328 ("not Lenovo\Motorola worker") will give us "foolish" Motorola/Lonovo phone users a hint how to become Moto Sr Moderator and "buy" the Motorola phones "without issues" and post here from the 1st try ;) ? 

 


Never make accusations or use a sarcastic tone to indicate you think someone isn't telling the truth.

Please see our Moto Owners' Forum Site Rules for more information.


Perhaps you Moto Reps should follow your own rules. You've been making rude comments and calling us liars for all 98 pages of this discussion and still won't admit a problem with these batteries. What a joke Moto "support" is these days. No wonder they are laying off engineers and losing customers en masse because you are lying to your customers. Bye bye Moto! PS. You should see the loads of negative press you are getting about this battery problem on Reddit, Twitter and Facebook. You look like a bunch of liars because you won't help your customers. 

Reply
Options

60 Posts

03-02-2016

US

121 Signins

743 Page Views

  • Posts: 60
  • Registered: ‎03-02-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 743
  • Message 1004 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2018-03-26, 13:54 PM

Holy crap my phone just shut off at 45% yesterday! Have any of the Moto Mods seriously not been affected by this issue to this severity? I am sick of this. I have held off switching to a new phone due to hopes Oreo would be released but I can't wait for it anymore, and I'm pretty sure the battery is hosed.

Reply
Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1406 Signins

8895 Page Views

  • Posts: 13219
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 8895
  • Message 1005 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2018-03-26, 14:43 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I do not work for Lenovo or Motorola. I'm a user like yourselves. I buy my own phones too. I also use other brands as well. Know before you speak and make yourself look foolish,


Ok, maybe smart MOTOXXPRT Eagle328 ("not Lenovo\Motorola worker") will give us "foolish" Motorola/Lonovo phone users a hint how to become Moto Sr Moderator and "buy" the Motorola phones "without issues" and post here from the 1st try ;) ? 

 


Never make accusations or use a sarcastic tone to indicate you think someone isn't telling the truth.

Please see our Moto Owners' Forum Site Rules for more information.


Perhaps you Moto Reps should follow your own rules. You've been making rude comments and calling us liars for all 98 pages of this discussion and still won't admit a problem with these batteries. What a joke Moto "support" is these days. No wonder they are laying off engineers and losing customers en masse because you are lying to your customers. Bye bye Moto! PS. You should see the loads of negative press you are getting about this battery problem on Reddit, Twitter and Facebook. You look like a bunch of liars because you won't help your customers. 


Please show where we called anyone a liar? Just one please..... We have stated the phone's need to be repaired as per what Motorola has already stated. If you want to make a statement ar least get your facts straight. And just who has been rude? Many posters here are rude and childish. We state the facts only. Call Motorola for support and or repair if you find a factory reset doesn't correct your issues. It's not a software glitch. If it was everyone would have it and I know not everyone does. Most do not.  I do not either. And 98 pages has how many individuals? Figure out who many people. Then think about how many phones were sold. I bet it's less than 1% of all phone's sold. We never said your phones are not doing what you state. But Motorola did state you will need to get them repaired. 

Reply
Options

31 Posts

10-24-2017

US

34 Signins

306 Page Views

  • Posts: 31
  • Registered: ‎10-24-2017
  • Location: US
  • Views: 306
  • Message 1006 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2018-03-26, 15:20 PM
I ended up buying a new one from Amazon for $300. The repair place I took it could not repair it in the 3 weeks they had it. My new one comes tomorrow and I'll at the very least have a fresh 1 year warranty :)

I doubt there is a widespread issue myself. I'll even update to 7.1.1 as soon as I can. Getting the delivery tomorrow.

Is there a way we can look at a serial number and determine the time / date it rolled off the factory floor? I know you can do that with Apple products and HTC products, but I am unsure about Moto.
Reply
Options

2 Posts

03-20-2018

US

7 Signins

57 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎03-20-2018
  • Location: US
  • Views: 57
  • Message 1007 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2018-03-26, 15:29 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I do not work for Lenovo or Motorola. I'm a user like yourselves. I buy my own phones too. I also use other brands as well. Know before you speak and make yourself look foolish,


Ok, maybe smart MOTOXXPRT Eagle328 ("not Lenovo\Motorola worker") will give us "foolish" Motorola/Lonovo phone users a hint how to become Moto Sr Moderator and "buy" the Motorola phones "without issues" and post here from the 1st try ;) ? 

 


Never make accusations or use a sarcastic tone to indicate you think someone isn't telling the truth.

Please see our Moto Owners' Forum Site Rules for more information.


Perhaps you Moto Reps should follow your own rules. You've been making rude comments and calling us liars for all 98 pages of this discussion and still won't admit a problem with these batteries. What a joke Moto "support" is these days. No wonder they are laying off engineers and losing customers en masse because you are lying to your customers. Bye bye Moto! PS. You should see the loads of negative press you are getting about this battery problem on Reddit, Twitter and Facebook. You look like a bunch of liars because you won't help your customers. 


Please show where we called anyone a liar? Just one please..... We have stated the phone's need to be repaired as per what Motorola has already stated. If you want to make a statement ar least get your facts straight. And just who has been rude? Many posters here are rude and childish. We state the facts only. Call Motorola for support and or repair if you find a factory reset doesn't correct your issues. It's not a software glitch. If it was everyone would have it and I know not everyone does. Most do not.  I do not either. And 98 pages has how many individuals? Figure out who many people. Then think about how many phones were sold. I bet it's less than 1% of all phone's sold. We never said your phones are not doing what you state. But Motorola did state you will need to get them repaired. 


You are not stating facts when you say 'most do not' have this issue, and '' bet it's less than 1% of all phones sold. Unless you have some data to back it up you just made some assumptions and you are trying to downplay the issue. Also, I don't think we are claiming it's a software glitch only. It is a combination of software and bad hardware (battery). So some of us clearly got stuck with bad batteries and even if it's a small percentage, why are you not helping? Repairing a $700 phone for additional money a little over a year after we bought it is ridiculous. You guys are going to lose a ton of business. If you are not helping 1% it's because you know it's more than that and don't want to take on the cost.

Reply
Options

13 Posts

11-29-2016

US

18 Signins

195 Page Views

  • Posts: 13
  • Registered: ‎11-29-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 195
  • Message 1008 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2018-03-26, 17:58 PM

This battery drain issue is absolute hell. 

 

Yesterday, I had my phone at 100% on the charger. Took it off the charger, it immediatly dropped to 99%. I restarted the phone. Held the power button, selected restart. 

 

After it restarted it showed 1%!! 1 effing percent from 99 in the time it takes to reboot. Since the 7.1.1 update battery life has been getting steadily worse, but to drop 98 percent cycling the device in just unacceptable. 

 

Has anyone tried going through Total Equipment Coverage thru Verizon? I talked to them today, I'd get a refurb device, send mine in for 'repair'.. but it is only repaired if the service provider thinks there is a problem. Since MotoNovo won't admit there is an issue, Verizon won't admit there is a problem, I'd basically be getting hosed, have a refurb for a few days, get my POS Moto Z back, and have to pay for shipping and testing... I could prob pay off the **bleep** phone for that. 

 

Been a fan of Moto since the days of the old Razr flip. Not anymore. A crap upgrade ruins thousands of devices, not only will they not admit it, but even their mods are snotty little twerps. Oh, send your device in for a repair you have to pay for even though it's the manufacturer's fault your device is boned. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice attitude MotoNovo. I'll happily find things to sell via LetGo to get $$$ to pay this effing thing off and get a S8. To hell with this phone and MotoNovo.

Reply
Options

13 Posts

11-29-2016

US

18 Signins

195 Page Views

  • Posts: 13
  • Registered: ‎11-29-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 195
  • Message 1009 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2018-03-26, 18:08 PM
Even better! Right after this post I figured I'd try to wipe cache again, just to try.

Phone had 98% before process. After wipe and reboot, 16%. Uneffingbelievable!
Reply
Options

60 Posts

03-02-2016

US

121 Signins

743 Page Views

  • Posts: 60
  • Registered: ‎03-02-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 743
  • Message 1010 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2018-03-26, 19:23 PM

Moto Droid Turbo and Z Droid are only Android phones I've had since iPhone. I'm so disgusted by quality I'm planning on switching back if Pixel 2 doesn't live up to expectations. Btw, why are people paying to rebuy or replace this POS phone? I'd put money towards anything except another Moto.

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete