Did you mean: 
Terptime
Paper Tape
Views: 997
Message 1371 of 1,396

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

@HeyRadar wrote:

That sucks for Florida residents.

So they will cover the"post warranty" defect.  But there is a deductable?  

I would still call Verizon and ask.

I did. You have to opt for the replacement plans with $149 deductible and $13/month. Does not cover manufacturer defects and issues but broke or stolen...

MeMe11
Blue Screen Again
Views: 993
Message 1372 of 1,396

You dont mention if you bought your phone from Verizon, how old your phone is and past the warranty it is.
HeyRadar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 992
Message 1373 of 1,396

I'm sorry to hear that.  I hope the others in the other 49 starts can benefit. I know that I'm ecstatic that I have a working phone (for now).

MeMe11
Blue Screen Again
Views: 988
Message 1374 of 1,396

You dont mention if you bought your phone from Verizon, how old your phone is and how long past the warranty it is.

Terptime
Paper Tape
Views: 838
Message 1375 of 1,396

To whom are you asking that question, MeMe11?

DragosXC
Paper Tape
Views: 793
Message 1376 of 1,396

Managed to get a fix!!!

I have sent my moto z to the local Motorola service center (Depanero in Bucharest). They said the battery was dead and needed replacement. I agreed and paid approx 46 USD. Got the phone back in approx 1 week and since 16 november I am using it again. I received also a security update on it and now I am amazed about the battery life. It goes one day easily with regular use (minimum YouTube time) and I do not even carry my extra motomod battery with me anymore. I hope this miracle will last forever! Happy to get my Moto Z working again!

Babsy64
Paper Tape
Views: 683
Message 1377 of 1,396

I had to stop using my Moto Z, as I couldn't even unplug it, because the phone just shut off, because the battery drained to zero %. I really would like to use my phone again, as I only had it for 4 months before that update that ruined it. What do you suggest I do with it now?? Is there a fix? Or am I out all that money, with a useless phone? I hope someone has an answer for me.

Highlighted
Laxin98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 655
Message 1378 of 1,396

Lenovo doesn't care and won't do anything for you

If you want to try getting a warranty and then replacing, it'll take you the "waiting period" before you have a fuctional mobile device again

My solution was to go to my carrier, Verizon, and explain the issue to them.

Was offered half off the "warranty claim" ~ $75 or an S8 for some other amount

Good luck and F Lenovo

BroughtUpright
Paper Tape
Views: 302
Message 1379 of 1,396

On 2/13/17 I made the mistake of buying a new $740 MOTO Z FORCE DROID from Verizon. (Model XT1650-02 running Android 7.0 Nougat).

The battery never lasted very long, about 5 hours with normal use, but after about 6 months the battery started draining really fast and shutting off intermittantly for no reason and about a month past the 1 year warranty the phone began erratically shutting off within 30 minutes of being unplugged from their factory "turbo" wall charger even though showing about 50% battery left...then when turned back on, it showed a % remaining that was higher or lower than before it shut off. 

Then the battery wouldn't charge at all and this expensive flagship "mobile" phone would only work if permanently tethered to a wall charger or powerbank. BTW, their Sound Booster Moto Mod with 1000 mHa battery (reading 100%) did nothing to keep the phone alive. Thankfully I didn't invest in any other Moto Mods.

Lenovo support was worse than useless, first they insisted it was an apps based issue but starting the phone in safe mode proved otherwise & then they said it must be their turbo wall charger...a new one didn't change anything and still wouldn't charge the battery. You can read Lenovo's excuses on this forum and elsewhere such as Lenovo's false & offensive 3/29/18 Facebook post attempting to blame consumers for it's defective product: "ME: My battery drains so fast! ALSO ME: I have 19 apps running while streaming Netflix for 7 straight hours."...while I'm worried about a real life tragedy: "ME: My daughter just unplugged from her wall charger and tries to dial 911 in an emergency. ALSO ME: She can't get help because her faulty Lenovo phone died"...

Anyway, a Verizon Tier 2 tech said I could sign up for $13 per month extended coverage and get a replacement (refurbished) phone overnight if a factory data reset didn't work. A reset didn't help the battery issue so I bought Verizon's extended warranty and they sent me a refurbished Moto Z Force Droid in early April 2018. It came with Android 7.1.1 but also only provided about 5 hours of normal use for a few months after which, 3 months later, battery life dropped to only 2 hours and the phone started intermittantly shutting off at about "37%" (with no battery saver warning) or sometimes it shuts off when you just try to take a picture. If the phone miraculously doesn't shut off after 2 hrs at "37%" it says theres "1 hour and 11 minutes left" but the battery use graph plummets to near vertical while battery drains to "1%" within about 7 minutes...making normal use impossible, such as plane boarding pass retrieval let alone critical 911 emergency help.

Battery calibration does nothing so now I'm back to having to keep it permanently tethered to a wall charger or external powersource just like my original defective Lenovo Z Force running 7.0.

Evidently, so many frustrated and disappointed Lenovo Moto Z owners have suffered these crippling issues, no matter if running 7.0 or 7.1.1 Nougat or 8.0 Oreo. Battery replacement is a waste of time and (more) $ and won't fix anything because these phones are evidently clearly defective. Niether of my phone's were ever dropped or wet.

When are you going to help us already Lenovo?

FrPJD
Paper Tape
Views: 238
Message 1380 of 1,396

My Moto Z goes from 100% to 0% in an instant. I can charge to 100%, power off, and indicates 0%. Now it even shuts down with over 70% charge on battery AND over 25% charge on Moto Mod Power Pack.

Top Kudoed Authors