Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrPJD
Paper Tape
Views: 543
Message 1381 of 1,398

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

It gets worse!  98% battery, 68% Moto Mod, and it dies. Continually reboots, but won't make it unless plugged in.

I've always loved Motorola phones, but now they're just fancy junk.

Highlighted
FrPJD
Paper Tape
Views: 536
Message 1382 of 1,398

And worse! It won't even stay running when plugged in. Junk.

FrPJD1
Paper Tape
Views: 493
Message 1383 of 1,398

Did the factory reset, didn't install any apps, and guess what? 98% battery, and 97% Moto Mod, open Chrome, it asks to retrieve backup of Bookmarks etc. for Chrome, I press yes, and BOOM. Dead phone, 0% battery, Moto Mod is still 97%.

I have another phone, a Sony, using thjose same backups, no problems.

If I said it once, I said it a  million times, the new Moto ophones are junk, these forums are proof.

BroughtUpright
Paper Tape
Views: 487
Message 1384 of 1,398

Since Lenovo/Motorola are effectively ignoring these frustrating and expensive Moto Z issues here perhaps more folks might want to try to address them in more visible places like Instagram:

@motorolaus

@lenovo

💸📳🔋💔

Aurelp
Paper Tape
Views: 441
Message 1385 of 1,398

I was having the same issue as described in this forum, phone suddenly shut down even plenty battery percentage displayed on the screen.

Tried wype cache cleaning, battery recalibration etc without good results, obviously.

Because missing seller invoice, I was not able to send it to warranty to Motorola's official service in Romania free of charge, even in Oct 2018 phone was still in warranty according to response received. I decided to take the risk and change it on my own cost, but didn't find any independent service to change it; they said do not have how to procure the battery. Because the phone shutdown became more often and started to happen even on more than 80 percent battery displayed, I decided to take the risk and buy it from internet ( big asian seller); in the meantime I used the phone only with battery mod attached. Ordered battery  (with a price of aprox 10$) end of Nov 18 and received it in Romania 4th Jan 19; manufacturing date written on battery was with Nov 18 date. It was quite an adventure to find a service to change the battery for me; I was refused because of risk to break the screen or extra charged (40$ requested only for change): I managed to get it changed by a friend's friend which worked in the area, with a cost of aprox 20$.After more than 36h from replacement, I still have 8 percent battery on display and no phone shutdown until now, with the usual usage like before. After first 2 charge, Accubatery show me 100 percent battery health versus 38 on the old battery.

During wype cache, I have noticed my phone manufacturing date is Dec 2016, so the battery issues appeared after aprox 1.5 years and after Oreo update; do not know if any link or just coincidence between above.

So, in my case battery change solved the issue, I have seen the same for a change done by Depanero in an earlier post

aviral2896
What's DOS?
Views: 439
Message 1386 of 1,398

Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 8.0.0 update

My moto z battery getting drain in 1-2 hrs after charing it to 100%....I also replaced my battery from Lenovo Motorola service center on Friday dated 11 Jan 2019 still I am facing the problem I notice this problem after updated my mobile to android 8.0.0....my moto z is having the 1 September 2018 update so kinldly issue an update to fix the battery issue of my moto z

Aurelp
Paper Tape
Views: 384
Message 1387 of 1,398

Hi DragosXC

Could you please let us know, how your phone works now, after more than 1 month since you changed the battery?

I am curious if my fix will resist in time or will go again in battery drain issue

DragosXC
Paper Tape
Views: 378
Message 1388 of 1,398

Yes, Depanero did the replacement for about 188 RON within 7 days. Phone works fine up to now and battery life is outstanding. I do not need the external moto mod anymore. But I could not get any statement from Motorola or Depanero in regards to the fault of the original battery. 

Pottering
Punch Card
Views: 369
Message 1389 of 1,398

Had my Moto Z about 18 months now. Just after I bought it I read about the battery issues peole had after upgrading Android. So I haven't upgraded the operating system, still 6.0.3. Battery life has remained strong, there's no issue at all. Love the phone and the Mods, though can't use them all of unless I upgrade the operating system. I can live with that.

Sorry to say but my experience pretty much confirms that it is the Android upgrade that brings about battery degradation.

BroughtUpright
Paper Tape
Views: 330
Message 1390 of 1,398

Heard that the local police recently found a deceased kidnap victim's Motorola/Lenovo Moto Z Force phone near the body 🗡️☠️🔫

Forensics showed that the unfortunate young mother of three young girls tried to dial 911 when her faulty 6 month old Moto Z phone died. 🕵️‍♂️

How strange that her phone's battery usage data shows that it dropped from 100% to 11% during only a short 5 minute walk to the park💀🔋📳...even though the "3500 mAh" battery was advertised at "up to 29 hours usage time" 🔋📲

Unfortunately the young mother didn't survive the incident and her three young girls were abducted. The criminals were recorded on a surveillance camera showing that at first they tried to steal the phone as well as the children...until they saw it was just another crappy Motorola Moto Z and tossed it back in the gutter where it belongs 🗑️

They said the headline read: "BUY A MOTOROLA MOTO Z?...NOT ON YOUR LIFE!"

Top Kudoed Authors