Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davyjones
Not applicable
Views: 687
Message 1411 of 1,434

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

Hahahaha common thats not it at they messed up there firmware !!!! Ignorant !!!!
My god can you believe how stupid these motorola moderators are always di you try this and that while the forums swarmed with the issue !!!!
Hahaha ignorant motorola
Hope you lose every customer !!!
Question still no answer....
Why set solved to this when clearly its not !!!
Whats up WHY with the battery drain that millions of motorola and lenovo users suffer????!!shame on you motorola
Highlighted
Davyjones
Not applicable
Views: 685
Message 1412 of 1,434

Still no fix motorola ???
Hope they kill motorola in court
Davyjones
Not applicable
Views: 682
Message 1413 of 1,434

No sollution
Eagle328
Not applicable
Views: 670
Message 1414 of 1,434

@Davyjones wrote:
No sollution

If you're going to spam this thread, at least use a spelling and grammar checker. The only fix is repair if all the other troubleshooting fails. 

Aurelp
Not applicable
Views: 612
Message 1415 of 1,434

@simplemark1 wrote:

Thanks, Aurelp. I've also purchased a battery to replace my failed oem battery. Hope it holds up. I've already purchased a new Samsung S9 as a replacement, but it would be nice to get the Moto Z working to use the moto mods.

I agree with you that I don't know the root cause of the failure. I don't know if it was related to the updates (I suspect it was because the phone ran hotter and used battery faster after the update) or if it was just a bad battery design or manufacturing batch. Either way, it failed prematurely and Motorola should have stood behind it. I was a fan of Lenovo products (I own a Moto Z and 2 lenovo laptops) but after this customer service fail I will not support them with any further purchases. I'd bet it was an executive decision to ignore the battery problem to help Lenovo's short term profits, but it will result in MANY unhappy customers, and thus, lost long term profitability.

Whish you good luck and keep us informed; hope replacing battery will help you and others too. This was supposed to be done by manufacturer, free of charge,taking into consideration how many people are complaining and not charge us or leave users to handle it. More than sure it will be my last Motorola device.

Aurelp
Not applicable
Views: 603
Message 1416 of 1,434

@Eagle328 wrote:

@Davyjones wrote:
No sollution

If you're going to spam this thread, at least use a spelling and grammar checker. The only fix is repair if all the other troubleshooting fails. 

Hi, agree with you; if every troubleshooting fails, then need to replace battery

But why to pay 40-50 dollars when the battery cost only 10 dollars; why you do not offer this option free of charge when only in this topic there are 142 pages of unhappy customers ?

Pottering
Not applicable
Views: 575
Message 1417 of 1,434

Hi, agree with you; if every troubleshooting fails, then need to replace battery

But why to pay 40-50 dollars when the battery cost only 10 dollars; why you do not offer this option free of charge when only in this topic there are 142 pages of unhappy customers ?

Because that would be admitting there is an inherent flaw, something I'm sure the corporate lawyers would say you never do. Motorola is adopting the ignore it and hope it goes away tactic.

Cricetus1983
Not applicable
Views: 513
Message 1418 of 1,434

Still no solution... I've been with Motorola for 20 years and It's a great pity for me to see what it is now. My Z Force has the same issue and I'm tired of the powerbank mod attached. I can's use motomods? I can't use my phone normally... Motorola has always been an epitome of reliability for me... And what do we see now? Just a great example of making people switch to another brand.

And yes, I changed the battery twice, done factory resets, calibrated the battery etc. Nothing has changed. Stil drains and shuts down. I thought it was smth to do with my phone and wanted to replace it with a new Z Force as I really like the phone in general, now that I see that this is a worldwide problem and it still hasn't been solved, I'll think of a rootable Moto or another brand...

Stevkev
Not applicable
Views: 503
Message 1419 of 1,434

Unfortunately everyone, it'll never be resolved. The phone is long past isi support date . There aren't even security updates for it . I don't even think they'll service them now even if your willing to pay at this point.  The only option is to buy a new phone from a different manufacturer.  The moto Z was a great idea, but it was never properly supported.  And that's unfortunate . It had so much potential.

BroughtUpright
Not applicable
Views: 455
Message 1420 of 1,434

This is my second Moto Z Force Droid that shuts off immediately after it's disconnected from a charger even though the phone's battery and the $80 "TurboPower" MotoMod battery both show "100%" charged rendering it useless as a "mobile" phone...then it won restart unless it's connected to a charger. 

Both of my Moto Z Force Droid phone batteries failed in less than a year.

I called Lenovo/Motorola "support" today and they said since it's "out of warranty" it would cost $150 plus tax to temporarily "fix" their DEFECTIVE product.

After this horrendous experience where Lenovo/Motorola failed to stand behind their "flagship" product I WILL NEVER GIVE MOTOROLA MY BUSINESS AGAIN AND WON'T EVER RECOMMEND ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS.