The phone is 2.5 years old.

Equivalent Samsung is S7/S8.

Dave
Davyjones
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,100
Message 1432 of 1,437

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

Dear customers motorolas been scamming you ! 

Font buy this crap !!!

By the way they delete you reviews 

And no way their gonna fix this gor you

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 967
Message 1433 of 1,437

Hi whiteswan123,

Did you contact the Motorola Support in the UK? I know the warranty in most Europe country is 2 years. Here's the contact link. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

BusDriver
What's DOS?
Views: 286
Message 1434 of 1,437

If by "apps" you mean OS update - which we as end users cannot do a thing about.

Hutch1979
Paper Tape
Views: 126
Message 1435 of 1,437

just wanted to share this...... (* is my comments during chat)

Hi, Randy. Welcome to Motorola Support, I'm Moli, your virtual agent. How can I help you today?

*why has motorola not acknowledged they screw up thousands of phones

I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I seem to be unable to assist. Let me connect you with a live agent right away.

*Chat With Agent

Please enter your email to chat with live agent.

*rchdude1@hotmail.com

Hi, my name is Charm. How may I help you?

*why has motorola not acknowledged they screw up thousands of phones? so many with same problems after oreo update

What seems to be the issue with the phone?
16:53

*in my case, i have a moto z force droid that battery draid is crazy and shuts off with still having a charge and cant turn back on without being plugged in. i have been reading up on this and thousands of people are having the same problem after oreo update... with several different moto phone models
16:54

*nothing moto suggest to try to fix works, customers are getting fed up with no acklowledgement that moto has messed up everyones devices

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Please allow me to help you with this matter. To start off, may I please have your best contact number, your email address, your complete name and the IMEI of your Motorola phone to complete your profile here?
16:56

* (removed informaton)

Thank you so much! Can you tell me your complete name?
16:57

*i just finished paying off this $700 phone and it is pretty much useless 90 percent of the time

I see. Can you please provide to me your complete name for documentation purposes?
16:59

16:59

*randy hutchinson

Thank you Randy! \If I may ask, what troubleshooting steps have you tried on your device?
17:01

*all steps suggested by moto has been attempted by so many to fix this proble but they never work for anyone, even customers paying out of pocket to replace phone batteries does not fix it

Would you like to continue trying to troubleshoot your device, or would you prefer to process a replacement of the device?
17:03

*factory reset, battery calabrition, safe mode, clearing cache and so many more. replacement? yeah, on that note.... many have done the 'replacment' only to get same phone that ends up with the same problems
17:04

*my current phone actually is a replacement because of this issue

I understand. Nothing to worry I will do my best to check for the best option to help you out.
17:05

*and further more, people are even more upset that there will be no further updates to even see if it might help
So to verify, this is a replacement phone coming from us (motorola) ?
17:06

*some have stated that a class-action lawsuit will be in effect due to this
17:06

*came from verizon

Sorry about that. Did you purchase the device from your carrier?
17:07

*first one was still under warrenty... i did, around 700 bucks
17:07

*and started messing up after oreo update

I see. It just so happen that the device is already out of the warranty and in order for us to replace/repair the device you need to pay for the replacement fee.
17:09

*yeah, screw the customer over because moto wont acknowledge that they screwed up... such a good business standard

I am really sorry for the inconveniences. If you wanted to replace the device and not paying for that you can check your carrier and see if they can do that.

Are we still connected?
17:14

*reguardless of warrenty status moto update caused this problem, not the customers, therefor moto should at least acknowledge their fault but havent and wont even do that. i mean if you took your car in for a needed oil change and the delership drained oil but didnt replace it and you drive offand engine locks up, is that uor fault of the delerships fault? thay is the delerships fault! this is same concept

I understand that it just so happen that we don't have any way to reflashed the old software version of the phone. Also to be honest with you it is not Motorola who developer and send out the update it is Google they're the developer of the device.
17:16

*but it is only moto phones that have been affected
17:17

*not just z force droid, several moto series devices

Again Randy if you wanted to I will be more that happy to provide you a replacement.
Is there anything I can help you?
17:19

*its obvious that moto doesnt care about their customers. that said, myself and hundreds, if not thousands more, will no longer purchase any moto devices. enough said. bye.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 117
Message 1436 of 1,437

It was not the upgrade but the batteries. Replace the battery and it will work. No more upgrades either since the phone is more than 2 years old now. Mine still works fine. I replaced the battery myself since it's out of warranty anyway. The only option is repair or replace the battery yourself at this point.

Hutch1979
Paper Tape
Views: 82
Message 1437 of 1,437

I know some had had success by have the battery but I, along with others have not.  I did have battery replaced ($100) and only after two days it started to mess up once again.  I’m glad you and some others have had problem resolved by a battery replacement but for those of us that have not... it appears that we are just SOL.

Top Kudoed Authors