Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-03-2017

GB

5 Signins

69 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎08-03-2017
  • Location: GB
  • Views: 69
  • Message 1 of 1473

Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2017-08-03, 20:34 PM

I received the very nice Android 7.1.1 update on my Moto Z the other day.  All seemed well, except that battery drain suddenly soared.  I'm now losing 50% in a few hours, with the phone hardly in use, and over 25% during the night on flight mode (normally 3-5%).  The battery settings details show Android System, Android OS and Phone Idle as all having double-digit drain.

 

The only is only a few weeks old and has been perfect until now.  Any ideas?!

Solved! See the solution
Reply
Options

1 Posts

07-05-2017

CA

3 Signins

53 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎07-05-2017
  • Location: CA
  • Views: 53
  • Message 2 of 1473

Moto Z Battery Drain

2017-07-05, 4:23 AM

Hello members,

 

My Moto Z battery is horrible. I drop between 10-15% from 100% in about 45 minutes of commute. During my commute, it is only connected to my car bluetooth (no music). My phone was fully charged before I left work today. The battery dropped from 100% to 52% in four hours. The screen on time is 1 hour with 151 mAh used. Are there something wrong with my battery? I have formatted my phone three times already, but without success. Can someone please advise? I forgot to mention that everytime I restart the phone (hold power button for about 10 seconds, the battery percentage drops between 20-30%.

 

Thank you,

 

Reply
Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5839 Signins

132760 Page Views

  • Posts: 28302
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 132760
  • Message 3 of 1473

Re: Moto Z Battery Drain

2017-07-05, 11:49 AM

wrote:

Hello members,

 

My Moto Z battery is horrible. I drop between 10-15% from 100% in about 45 minutes of commute. During my commute, it is only connected to my car bluetooth (no music). My phone was fully charged before I left work today. The battery dropped from 100% to 52% in four hours. The screen on time is 1 hour with 151 mAh used. Are there something wrong with my battery? I have formatted my phone three times already, but without success. Can someone please advise? I forgot to mention that everytime I restart the phone (hold power button for about 10 seconds, the battery percentage drops between 20-30%.

 

Thank you,

 

Please provide both battery graphs - tap on graph shown to get to second graph.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Reply
Options

5405 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

  • Posts: 5405
  • Registered: ‎07-12-2014
  • Location: US
  • Views: 79600
  • Message 4 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2017-08-03, 21:57 PM

wrote:

I received the very nice Android 7.1.1 update on my Moto Z the other day.  All seemed well, except that battery drain suddenly soared.  I'm now losing 50% in a few hours, with the phone hardly in use, and over 25% during the night on flight mode (normally 3-5%).  The battery settings details show Android System, Android OS and Phone Idle as all having double-digit drain.

 

The only is only a few weeks old and has been perfect until now.  Any ideas?!


Hi Altrux,

 

A lot of factors affect the battery life of your phone and it may take a few charging cycles before it settles back to optimum performance after a major software update. Here are some tips to extend the battery life of your phone: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/111889/p/30,6720,9834

 

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Reply
Options

2 Posts

08-03-2017

BR

2 Signins

69 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎08-03-2017
  • Location: BR
  • Views: 69
  • Message 5 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2017-08-03, 23:53 PM

I'm having the same problem, my motoG4 plus the battery is draining 50% more, what are we going to do?

Reply
Options

2 Posts

08-03-2017

BR

2 Signins

69 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎08-03-2017
  • Location: BR
  • Views: 69
  • Message 6 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2017-08-03, 23:55 PM
I'm having the same problem, my motoG4 plus the battery is draining 50% more, what are we going to do?
Reply
Options

7 Posts

03-23-2017

IN

35 Signins

350 Page Views

  • Posts: 7
  • Registered: ‎03-23-2017
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 350
  • Message 7 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2017-08-09, 16:53 PM

I was facing the same problem but I went to Motorola service center and reinstalled Android 7.1.1. After re installations my phone moto z play is absolutely ok and giving more battery than 7.0. So I request all of you to reinstall the software from service center once again and problem can be solved. Thank you. 

Reply
Options

6 Posts

08-07-2017

GB

11 Signins

63 Page Views

  • Posts: 6
  • Registered: ‎08-07-2017
  • Location: GB
  • Views: 63
  • Message 8 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2017-08-11, 11:53 AM

My Moto Z is also having battery-drain at significantly more than double the rate since the 7.1.1 update.  At the same time Bluetooth has stopped working.  I'm now kicking myself for buying a phone that charges and connects (non-Bluetooth) headphones through the same socket!

 

 

I've done a factory-reset which has in the past fixed battery-drain problems after an update, but has not helped with either the battery or the Bluetooth issues this time.  Really annoyed by this.

Reply
Options

1 Posts

08-11-2017

US

5 Signins

21 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎08-11-2017
  • Location: US
  • Views: 21
  • Message 9 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2017-08-11, 12:41 PM

I have a Moto Z Force running 7.0 (Verizon network, no 7.1 yet). This is my second Z force because the first one had bluetooth issues after only a month or so. Now, without any new updates it has stopped working again. The battery life is also an issue with the battery graph showing the phone is awake constantly even when screen is off. The bluetooth is a major issue because I have bluetooth headphones and a bluetooth speaker that are now expensive paperweights. I can probably get another replacement from Verizon but what's the point if it's just going to fail again?

Reply
Options

145 Posts

11-14-2016

US

251 Signins

3652 Page Views

  • Posts: 145
  • Registered: ‎11-14-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 3652
  • Message 10 of 1473

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

2017-08-12, 16:30 PM

wrote:

I have a Moto Z Force running 7.0 (Verizon network, no 7.1 yet). This is my second Z force because the first one had bluetooth issues after only a month or so. Now, without any new updates it has stopped working again. The battery life is also an issue with the battery graph showing the phone is awake constantly even when screen is off. The bluetooth is a major issue because I have bluetooth headphones and a bluetooth speaker that are now expensive paperweights. I can probably get another replacement from Verizon but what's the point if it's just going to fail again?


You might want to check again. I have a normal Moto Z on verizon and got that update a few days ago. Almost a week.

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete