Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whiteswan123
What's DOS?
Views: 802
Message 1421 of 1,437

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

I purchased a MOTO Z in May 2017.

Same problem here - battery is showing a capacity of only 391 mAh from accubattery app - stays on approx 1 hour after a full charge and then dies.

I am sure the phone came with a 2 year warranty - but I have just called them and they say one year and that any repair is now chargeable.

A bit of a "cop out" for a £400 phone - can anybody point me to the Motoz/Mobile Phone Warrnty Page for the UK - I can't seem to find it - I seem to remember it stating that phones purchased after/before a certain date had 2 years warranty.

Feeling annoyed about this - I wonder if I can get my credit card company to chase them for me ?

Dave

whiteswan123
What's DOS?
Views: 799
Message 1422 of 1,437

UPDATE with regards to UK MOTO Z WARRANTY.

Here is a copy of the warranty that came with the phone - purchased direct from MOTOROLA UK.

What does this Limited Warranty cover? Motorola Mobility LLC ("Motorola") promises to the original purchaser ("you") that this Mobile Phone, and any in-box accessories which accompany it (the "Products"), will be free of defects for a period of 24months from the date of original purchase ("Warranty Period") provided that the Products are used for normal [consumer/end user] purposes (the "Limited Warranty"). This Limited Warranty covers only a purchase of new Products from Motorola or an authorised reseller or distributor of Motorola Products and accompanied in-box by this written Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty is personal to you and not transferable. Claims under this Limited Warranty may only be made in the country of purchase. If, following a repair, there are fewer than 90 days remaining in the Warranty Period, the Warranty Period will be extended to end 90 days from the date of repair.

I have no idea how they can now tell me it was only 12 months warranty - it clearly states above 24 months.

Dave

Meri7
What's DOS?
Views: 775
Message 1423 of 1,437

Are you having problems with overheating when it's charged? I just noticed you posted on the same day that my phone starts burning up the moment it's plugged in.

Stevkev
Punch Card
Views: 773
Message 1424 of 1,437

UK is 2 years. USA, Canada, most of Europe is only 1 year

whiteswan123
What's DOS?
Views: 741
Message 1425 of 1,437

I thought it was 2 years for the UK.

I have booked a repair on the link given to me by MOTOROLA UK - but what do I do now ?

I got a reference number at the end of the booking procedure.

I haven't been given any address to send handset to or anything at all ?

Should I receive an email in a few days ?

I will include my original receipt and a letter stating that I am within warranty period.

David Mowbray

esau999
Paper Tape
Views: 727
Message 1426 of 1,437

Same problem, here. Battery life and phone operation have become extremely erratic after only 18 months of normal use. Tried all the suggestions in this post as well as those from Motorola - none fixed this issue.

I did find a solution: I bought a Pixel 3.

It's a shame, too: I've exclusively owned Motorola phones going back to the RAZR. Moved on to the ATRIX then the MotoX. All were just all-around great phones. The Z is an utter disappointment, as is Motorola. What a waste of a brand's good name.

I would suggest everyone post an honest review of the phone on Motorola's website and the brand of phone which replaced your Motorola. Maybe that will get their attention. Probably not, but worth a shot. Made me feel better about this poor purchase.

Poofox
Fanfold Paper
Views: 708
Message 1427 of 1,437

BS phone.  BS "customer service."  BS "solutions."  F you very much, Motorola.

whiteswan123
What's DOS?
Views: 671
Message 1428 of 1,437

I have had an email from Motorola saying NOT to send my phone just yet - they are going to contact the service centre and inform them that the repair must be done under the warranty.

I will do this - but like the poster above I have ordered a Google Pixel 3.

As a sidenote if I input MOTO Z into any of the trade in sites here in the uk - it values it at between £20 & £30 - which is embarassing for a former flagship phone - the equivelant Samsung etc is still coming in at around £100. I wonder if this is due to the problems.

I too will never buy another MOTO Phone - I have replaced my gf phone with a HONOR VIEW 10.

Dave

Stevkev
Punch Card
Views: 652
Message 1429 of 1,437

The phone is coming up to 4 years old . That's the average trade in for something that has been out that long. The equivalent Samsung would be the S6 which I just looked up at$40 USD

esau999
Paper Tape
Views: 628
Message 1430 of 1,437

The phone was released September of 2016 - it's coming up to 3 years, not 4.

Top Kudoed Authors