Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shadowkinesis
Paper Tape
Views: 12,628
Message 41 of 1,437

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

Fortunately I'd like to report that after I begrudgingly factory reset my Moto Z Force, everything seems to be fine, if not better. I decided to reduce the number of apps restored from 189 to 140 or so. So I suppose the Safe Mode run showed me my issue. Something must have been in a crash loop after the update, although unfortunately I have no leads on what.

dfluff
Paper Tape
Views: 12,588
Message 42 of 1,437

Following up on my own previous post.

Having had my phone officially "repaired" (actually replacement "main-board", so essentially a whole new unit), as well as the Bluetooth now being rock-solid, battery life is back to the previous good performance of ~50% use over the course of a ~15 hour day, rather than 90% use over 12 hours.  This is on a phone running 7.1.1 build NPL26.118-20.

Sadly, the repaired/replacement phone has an intermittent screen fault whereby a one-pixel wide flickering green line keeps appearing up the left hand side of the screen.  I've been given the usual "do a factory reset" response, but the fault re-appeared *during* the initial boot following the reset, so now I need to arrange yet another repair.

ricardofjayme
Punch Card
Views: 13,143
Message 43 of 1,437

Same problem here... a lot of brazilian guys reporting that after 7.1.1 upgrade the battery is draining very fast... in my case, for example, i charged the phone until complete 100%, unpluged it, leaved it alone in the table for 15 min and always around 6% go out.... I need to charge my phone 3.. 4 times per day... my apps and the locations that i go (work and home) are the same before.. i really beleave that the upgrade have problems that must to be fixed...

edu_figueira
What's DOS?
Views: 13,101
Message 44 of 1,437

Same problem here... a lot of brazilian guys reporting that after 7.1.1 upgrade the battery is draining very fast... in my case, for example, i charged the phone until complete 100%, unpluged it, leaved it alone in the table for 15 min and always around 6% go out.... I need to charge my phone 3.. 4 times per day... my apps and the locations that i go (work and home) are the same before.. i really beleave that the upgrade have problems that must to be fixed..

rsigns
Paper Tape
Views: 13,053
Message 45 of 1,437

Go purchase a Verizon Moto, load some apps, download the update and your battery will drain at an alarming rate. A scripted support "try these fixes" will be useless and a complete waste of time for Lenovo customers, further angering them. Find out my CPU is clocking at extreme rates since the update. GET ON IT, FIND THE PROBLEM.

ricardofjayme
Punch Card
Views: 13,049
Message 46 of 1,437

I already thought of doing root to install an alternative CPU manager, but I would not like to do this because some programs I use may not accept root ...
Streaks714
HDMI
Views: 12,952
Message 47 of 1,437

This is ridiculous what is going on after this update. Who is working for who here? We buy these phones (and they aren't cheap) , expecting quality and reliability , and end up spending countless hours attempting to fix them due to the inefficiency of those who make and maintain them. Yup, tried everything. Now it's time to do a factory reset.. And of course if that doesn't fix it, wait for the replacement to arrive.
ame12
What's DOS?
Views: 12,900
Message 48 of 1,437

Same problem here. I now have to charge 3 times a day.

BlueTooth has never worked on my phones (talking replacements and reflashing here). Given the failure of BlueTooth to work on any of my Moto Z's (replacements) and now this debacle, I want a full and complete refund.

p.s., Email me at Douglas.Ross@gmail.com

GOOD NEWS: America’s Worst Phone -- the Moto Z Droid -- Just Got Worse

Maaser49
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,777
Message 49 of 1,437

Same here, did system repair, factory reset, battery optimization, etc. Nothing works. Phone has been sitting on my desk for 7 hours, received 5 calls, 30 minutes total of talk time; battery has dropped 67% with Android OS accounting for 16% of battery usage.
Help me fix it please, Lenovo !!!!!
rsigns
Paper Tape
Views: 12,750
Message 50 of 1,437

@Maaser49 wrote:
Same here, did system repair, factory reset, battery optimization, etc. Nothing works. Phone has been sitting on my desk for 7 hours, received 5 calls, 30 minutes total of talk time; battery has dropped 67% with Android OS accounting for 16% of battery usage.
Help me fix it please, Lenovo !

Battery Optimization definitely helped, but was not back to normal.   A recent massive app update event seemed to fix the problem.  I optimized again, don't know if that did anything.  Android services back down to 1% . Back to normal.   I never did the factory reset.   VZW is my carrier BTW, and seems carrier apps tend to be the worst offenders, and this could be a carrier specific issue.   Asking for help from Lenovo? Good Luck.  You will get some canned FAQ general response.  Billions are spent tracking our every thought and move, but they can't track and jump on this issue??  Good luck masser49, hope this helps. 

Top Kudoed Authors