Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arthon21
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,914
Message 61 of 1,437

Re: Moto Z's Battery lasting less than 5 hours

Also the phone is shutting down right after it reaches ~20-15% battery and won't start again until plugged to the recharger. After the reboot and plugging to a recharger, it shows 20% of charge instantly.

tomaszk
Punch Card
Views: 2,865
Message 62 of 1,437

Re: Moto Z's Battery lasting less than 5 hours

It's more or less "standard" behavior of this relase. Try to kill all not used apps and switch on battery saver mode - will help to reach 10-12h if not using phone much.
Tom
GeorgK
What's DOS?
Views: 3,810
Message 63 of 1,437

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

please consider mine as well, also having this issue since August security patch.

Honestly not so bad as the others told, but I was used to have a good battery live over one day sometime.

Now it is not lasting even a working day roughly i come to 9h now.

Asmod
Paper Tape
Views: 3,533
Message 64 of 1,437

Same problem here.

In fact, phone is always awake, something prevent it to sleep.

After some research on my phone, it seems that the problem is linked to smbchg_wake process.

And for information, factory reset, wipe cache, safe mode or anything of this could'nt sort this out.

It's a ROM bug so please fix it FAST. It's quite a shame to pay this price for barely 5H of battery life ...

Quite disapointted by Lenovo/motorola testing process ...

LoveEnigma
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,402
Message 65 of 1,437

Hi guys,

I have also observed the same problem. There is a problem with "any" music app too, which will continue to run in background. This might also be the reason of this "Always Awake" problem. Additional problem with the music app is that the volume rocker always stays on "Media" control and not "Ringtone" control after you have launched any music app. It stays the same way until you restart the phone. After restarting and launching the app again, the problem reappears. THIS really needs a fix.

However, one thing that I tried today has apparently stopped the "Always Awake" problem. Not sure if it has really fixed it, but it is something that you can try. It is simple and worth it.

1. Reboot the phone to "Safe mode" and close any open apps

2. Reboot again to normal mode

3. Clear cache

4. Go to Battery>Battery Optimization>Reset app preferences>Reset apps

5. Reboot the phone once

Steps 1 to 3 might not be needed, but I had done this way, so I recommend doing it.

That's it! Only thing is whenever you launch any app again after doing this, it will ask for permissions, just like how you you get when you installed in from the Play Store.

Most importantly, Whatsapp will give sync error and will not show names - only numbers. Just go to Settings>Apps>Whatsapp>Permissions and check all the permissions, especially Contacts. Then close Whatsapp if it is open, launch it again and then everything should be normal in a few seconds.

Hope it helps!

tomaszk
Punch Card
Views: 3,619
Message 66 of 1,437

I see that there is brand new update coming to RETEU - 96MB.
It's adressing (written from memory as it does not show update info during download):
1. security patch
2. Stability improvements
3. Moto 360 improvements
Tom
tomaszk
Punch Card
Views: 3,548
Message 67 of 1,437

Seems that battery is bit better, at least Android OS and Google services aren't on first place on battery usage.

Not sure what was that fix for moto360, but gonna try my zenwatch2 if it helps somehow on pairing issue.

Tom
fernandosete
Paper Tape
Views: 3,349
Message 68 of 1,437

Guys, any update on this ?

I have a moto Z as well and my batterry is lasting only 5h. I'm chaging 2-3 times a day.

An solution is required asap.

I've udpated my profile with IMEI here.

Screenshot_20171011-120548.png

tinkerer
Paper Tape
Views: 3,266
Message 69 of 1,437

I have the same problem as everyone here (battery drain + bluetooth not working).

I've tried to solve it by installing an older software version. First I unlocked the bootloader and then I tried different things, such as the official 7.0, LineageOS... And guess what -- none of them fixes the problem. The phone seems to be badly screwed up by the 7.1.1 update.

The worst thing now is that they won't accept my warranty because the bootloader is open! Doesn't matter that Motorola screwed it up with a flawed update. I am extremely disappointed, I've had the phone for 3 months and it can already go to the trash!

Maaser49
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,247
Message 70 of 1,437

Battery got NO BETTER after update, this is a **bleep** joke, Motorola!!!

FIX IT!!

Top Kudoed Authors