Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Omusubi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,742
Message 71 of 1,437

Re: Moto Z - extreme battery drain after 7.1.1 update

Same here. Guys, honestly we chose a wrong model. It seems some issues on BT/wifi module, that drains battery and eventually broke.

I won't come back to moto again. 

I believed it was a software issue and my warranty expired. If you still have a warranty, you should go send the device to support center asap.

007india1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,241
Message 72 of 1,437

Re: Moto Z's Battery lasting less than 5 hours

I had the same issue but with my lenovo phone. The service center initially suspected a faulty charging circuit which they replaced it. But the issue resurfaced with in weeks, where I found that battery to be replaced. Later I have to ditch the phone itself as the warranty is over by the time the battery issue resurfaced.

Even my brand new Moto Z facing heating issue while reading e-news paper in Wifi. I enabled the battery saver at 15% and enabled data saver too. let me see how it behaves at 15% and till 5%, by when I will put it to charger.

Can you tell me the following? I do the following to save battery

1) Switch OFF and ON the phone and tell me the amount of RAM usage. Make sure that data and wifi is OFF.

2) I'm using 'greenify' app which will hibernate almost all downloaded apps. However System Apps still runs.

3) I keep SIM1 & SIM2 at 2G only (Mobile networks). When i need data, I switch to 4G and move back o 2G once I'm done.

4) Brightness slider is at 95% to left without adaptive brightness On

5) Desktop Wall paper is dark.

6) Location, screen rotate, bluetooth, wifi are OFF most of the time.

Above step 2...6 helps me a lot in saving battery drain.

ayushniranjan29
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,111
Message 73 of 1,437

My moto z has serious battery issues since march security patch, after that there were many security patches and 7.1.1 update which made the battery worse. Phone does get shut down anytime below 40%, extreme battery drain , screen on time that i can get is barely 1 hour which was earlier above 3 hr 30min. Phone is no longer usable.

Took the phone to service centre twice, they changed my phone's main board and battery but the issue was same. They told me the problem is with phone software and we have to wait for company to fix with new update.

Even the head of service centre was using moto z he showed me that he haven't updated his phone since last 6 months as he was aware of the software issues

tomaszk
Punch Card
Views: 2,604
Message 74 of 1,437

But support center will say that battery is ok and can charge for analysis of false issue - at least where I live.
For BT/Wifi for sure as soon as issue persist it shall be reported.

Honestly this phone has worst battery I've seen since last 5 years on android phones. For sure it was better on 7.0. I even think that my old Desize Z will not have less SOT than last years Moto Z...
Tom
mperkinsky
What's DOS?
Views: 2,428
Message 75 of 1,437

Same issues here. Give battery drain. Going through turbo power pack to hey through day with little usage. Ridiculous. Going from a moto z play too. Huge mistake. 

ah42
HDMI
Views: 2,217
Message 76 of 1,437

Re: Moto Z's Battery lasting less than 5 hours

I've had horrible battery life with this phone since the beginning through multiple updates. Barely lasts to 1 or 2 pm with only an hour or so of screen on time. With incipio battery mod on efficiency mode I get to at least 6 or 7 pm. I'm on my 3rd device (insurance replacements) and it's been bad with all 3. I think this phone is just extremely ineffecient with regards to power consumption. Unfortunately I'm stuck with mine for almost another year. I just always have the turbo charger nearby to charge multiple times a day.

Benoe
Punch Card
Views: 2,375
Message 77 of 1,437

There are words in other forums, that someone has reflashed his phone with the full stock rom, upgraded to NPL26.118-20-5, and got more than 5 hours of SoT as a result. Before that, also on stock rom he had only 2-2,5.

Do you think it is possible, or maybe a factory reset could cause the same once someone is on the latest firmware?

tomaszk
Punch Card
Views: 2,351
Message 78 of 1,437

You can get 5h sot easily - switch to flight mode, disable sync, uninstall all apps and voila!
Tom
Teblanc2
Serial Port
Views: 2,692
Message 79 of 1,437

screenshot-2017-10-18-05-04-22-1.pngScreenshot_20171018-044915.pngScreenshots Above denoting buggy battery reporting.

From my experience this seems to be a software bug where the software is reporting the incorrect battery information. When rebooting to factory mode and using the battery test that seems to grab the most accurate battery information and updates it on the software side. Don't know why this is happening. Turbo charging seems to have a hand in this though.Battery test.pngBattery Test in factory mode Accurately gauging the battery.

Benoe
Punch Card
Views: 2,616
Message 80 of 1,437

Every day:

Screenshot_20171018-192149.pngScreenshot_20171018-192156.png

Top Kudoed Authors