Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkmcguire1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,483
Message 1 of 67

Moto Z order fail!

I preordered on 7/23 I wrote down my order number,I never got a confirmation email and anytime I try to look my order up it says not found,I've called in several times and was told it would be here by the first but still no tracking number and no one knows anything .This is supposed to be a birthday gift for my husband,I ordered mine from Verizon and it got here on Thursday ,now I wish I would have just ordered both through Verizon ,but he doesn't know he is getting one it's a surprise. I'm starting to get a little upset,I mean I can't even track it,I have no idea what is going on.

clannon52
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,431
Message 2 of 67

Re: Moto Z order fail!

I am having the same problem. I preordered mine the 21 and still have no tracking number or anyway to view the order.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,432
Message 3 of 67

I will escalate this for you, and I know that she will jump on it, but I sincerely doubt that she'll see it before tomorrow.  

BenjaminDuncan
SCSI Port
Views: 1,399
Message 4 of 67

** comment removed since I created a separate thread - was not my intent to hijack or draw attention away from the OP's issues **

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,391
Message 5 of 67

@BenjaminDuncan wrote:

Same issue. I preordered a Moto Z Force and, later the same day, a wireless charging Moto Mod direct from Motorola last weekend. Only got a confirmation email on the Moto Mod. Called Moto Support last Monday after Online Order Status failed to recognize either number. Was told my order went in, the promise date for shipping was 8/1 and that I would receive a shipping confirmation in a day or two. Nothing, so called back later in the week. Again, told that I would receive the phone on 8/1, though, in the same conversation, I was told my phone was being "built". This, on Thursday for a phone with no customization, beyond choosing between two colors and two memory configs, that was "promised" for delivery in 4 days. 

Online Order Status, now a week later, still doesn't recognize either number. No shipping notification. This will be my third Moto "preorder" which will arrive after the promise date and well after the product is available in stores. Unless something miraculous happens with my support experience, this will be my last purchase direct with Motorola and, likely, my last Motorola phone. Between my "preorder" experience with the Moto X Pure, Moto 360 Gen 2 and this phone, I don't believe Moto understands e-commerce or what preorder is supposed to mean. Pre-paying for a product to arrive at their convenience is ridiculous, especially when VZW shipped preorders for the 28th. 

I've been a Moto customer since the OG Droid and have purchased, most direct from Motorola, the OG Droid, all generations of the Moto X, both versions of the Moto Hint, both generations of the Moto 360, Droid MAXX (gift for Dad), Nexus 6, and now, the Moto Z Force and Mods. Now, my Moto account used for most of those purchases (plus cases, adapters, headphones, battery packs, etc.) is useless for tracking these latest two purchases. The order numbers are useless since their system doesn't recognize them. Repeated calls to Support tell me my phone will arrive on time, while also simultaneously being built and having to ship from China, as if that somehow makes sense. I had to complain on Twitter to even get the email with he order number confirmations I was promised last Monday. I really love Moto products, but this level of support is ridiculous. They don't seem to want customers who have loyally bought all their products direct, they want people to buy from Best Buy and Verizon. 

We recognize that you're concerned about your order, but we ask that all forum users post in one thread only.  Otherwise, the information becomes scattered and difficult to track.

Your matter has already been escalated from the thread you opened.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,350
Message 6 of 67

Sorry for the problem. I'm looking into your case and will follow up this afternoon.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,350
Message 7 of 67

I'm sorry to hear you have not received a tracking number. Let me look into your case and get back to you with an update.
BenjaminDuncan
SCSI Port
Views: 1,340
Message 8 of 67

My apologies, crystallet. I actually replied here first, but thought about it and realized it was probably, user to user forum or not, appropriate for me to throw my own problem into this thread which is why I created a new thread. It hadn't been my intent to hijack. I'll delete my original comment in this thread.

tkmcguire1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,335
Message 9 of 67

I hope I find something out,still haven't recieved a tracking number,it was supposed to be here today. Tomorrow the second is my husbands birthday and this was supposed to be his birthday gift,if it doesn't show up then I will have nothing to give him.

imabigboy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,327
Message 10 of 67

I'm having a similar issue. I'm always told that my order is there, but nothing every appears anywhere. 

Just curious if they deducted the amount for the phone from your credit card yet? 

I paid with Moto Credit, and my available balance on my credit was lowered by Exactly the same amount as my order, but no actual transaction appeared on the Moto Credit, or the MotoMaker website.

Now my available credit limit is back where it was. 

This is very strange. 

Top Kudoed Authors