Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMT61
Paper Tape
Views: 140
Message 1 of 5

Moto Z2 force while charging, phone continually restarts

My Moto Z2 force phone has started restarting itself continually whenever I charge the phone.  It also switches off my WiFi when it restarts.  It's thru AT&T and it just recently upgraded me this month (9/19) to Oreo 8.0.  I've been informed that it will do no more upgrades.
Anyone else with similar a problem?  Again, it only does the constant restarting when it is charging.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 110
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto Z2 force while charging, phone continually restarts

@AMT61 wrote:

My Moto Z2 force phone has started restarting itself continually whenever I charge the phone.  It also switches off my WiFi when it restarts.  It's thru AT&T and it just recently upgraded me this month (9/19) to Oreo 8.0.  I've been informed that it will do no more upgrades.
Anyone else with similar a problem?  Again, it only does the constant restarting when it is charging.

Hi AMT61,

Thanks for letting us know. This should not happen, are you using the original charger that came with the box? If yes, I would suggest you check with another charger if one is available and see if it's the same. Also, try charging your device in Safe Mode and observe if the issue persists. Here is the link for Safe Mode. Let us know.

Regards,

Suman

AMT61
Paper Tape
Views: 99
Message 3 of 5

Yes, I'm using my original charger, and also tried a replacement charger to see if the charger was the issue.  I will try the Safe mode start up and see if that helps.  I've added no new apps, and have security on my current apps and the scan showed no issues.  The only change to the phone was the update to Oreo a few weeks ago.

AMT61
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 4 of 5

Tried starting in Safe Mode and am still having the issue. Trying now to charge the phone with it totally powered off to see if it will even charge.
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 79
Message 5 of 5

@AMT61 wrote:
Tried starting in Safe Mode and am still having the issue. Trying now to charge the phone with it totally powered off to see if it will even charge.

Hi AMT61,

Yes, check with that and if the issue still persists, I would suggest you perform a Factory Data Reset on your device by taking back up of your contacts and data. Here is the link. If the issue still persists after the reset, a repair would be the next logical option. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Top Kudoed Authors